Hello from Denmark!

Options
I guess I should post here after 3 weeks of being a member? :)
I wanted to try and share this journey with some of you nice people on MFP. Any tips and tricks that I have not learned about on this website that are useful? Any one looking for friends?

Extra Information: I am 5' 5'' and weigh around 95 kilos (208 pounds) I have lost 1 kilo (2.2 pounds) so far and I am quite happy. My goal is to loose up to 65 pounds, but I am content with only 40-50 as well.

Replies

• lauramacaroni
    lauramacaroni Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi from Belgium!

Here's my advice for you & for anyone else getting started:

-Don't expect to lose the weight quickly. It didn't go on quickly & it won't come off quickly (especially if you want to make it a long-term weight loss).

-Don't get discouraged. You will have good days/bad days. Good weeks/bad weeks. Just keep trying.

-Plateaus happen. Don't panic.

-Walk.

-Have reasonable workouts. You won't because a fitness addict immediately. Just move until you establish a good pattern.

-If you need help getting started with goals, I highly recommend the following link, it's got some great advice and has worked wonders for me.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Ali_AlCaer
    Ali_AlCaer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the helpful tips :) It is an interesting (but true) thought that the weight came on slow, therefore loose it slow. Makes a lot of sense.
  • vibekefischer
    vibekefischer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work - I found writing up all what you eat is the key - I have lost 5 pound - this is my first week . Good luck - Vibeke from Sunny Florida
  • gabijadc
    gabijadc Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm moving to Denmark next month :P
    My main tip is to keep track of EVERYTHING even when you feel like you don't want to - eventually you create a habit that's very useful
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hello from Australia!
    Couldn't resist replying as I'm a huge fan of Your film and tv. Borgen, the killing, royal affair, protectors, unit one....love Nordic noir.

Mfp is great, Initially I setup my goals using Mfp settings and as long as I kept within my calorie goal the weight came off. After a while Mfp set me to low calories but I chose to manually set my calories at a higher level and increase my exercise calories burnt and weight loss continued. I like food so didn't want to feel deprived.

The forums have so much information to wade through and everyone has their own way, opinions and plans. I like to read and do what suits me for now. Make lots of friends as they are a great support as time goes by :)
  • maurobono78
    Options
    I really need some european friend, I'm from Italy and if you want feel free to add me! ;)