I'm so mad at myself!

Options

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    so you had one, right? meh, no big deal. bet you don't even see it on the scale once the water weight wears off.
  • expoduck
    expoduck Posts: 59
    Options
    A burger isn't the end of the world. Chin up, and keep going! :)
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    And now I really want a chicken sandwich with cheese, bacon, and ranch dressing...
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    And now I really want a chicken sandwich with cheese, bacon, and ranch dressing...

Me too.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    There IS this angle: If you totally deprive yourself of what you love, there's a better chance of over indulging in said delicacy. At least that is how it is with me.

Being the sunflower seed (I call them crackflower seeds) addict that I am, I was putting away 1-2 of those 2/$1.00 bags every day at the office. I love them. They are the devil, because of the huge amount of sodium in them, and the first time I did this, I cut them out totally and completely and one day I wanted some really badly, and I went hog wild and ate a regular standard sized bag of them.

Now? I keep a couple of those 2/$1.00 bags in my drawer, and treat myself to 1/3-1/2 a bag if I REALLY want them. Granted, the bloat shows by the end of the day, but that's the price I pay.
  • travelgal59
    travelgal59 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i understand how you feel but other than some extra water weight you probably havent done any real damage. i struggle with the anxieties over "naughty" food. i know i know food isn't "naughty" but i think we really do view it that way sometimes. anyway you are at goal so just stay focused. you are fine.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. It was only one day, one chicken burger. If that is your worse sin you are doing ok. There is always tomorrow, get back on track and forgive yourself for your slip. It's going to happen from time to time but if you don't let it derail you completely you are ahead of the game. If you slip early in the day, cut back a little the rest of the day--include whatever you eat in your total daily allowance. If you slip in the evening, just get back on track the next day. We are all just human and there are going to be times when you want to let loose a little, whether it's that hamburger that's calling your name, a drink at a party, or whatever. The key is to not let it totally destroy your whole plan. One day at a time, one hour at a time and you will make it.
  • webangel14
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself, you earned that sandwich! Just get back on the wagon and continue to do what you know works for you!

We have to allow ourselves a little treat now and then, otherwise we'd totally binge on the wrong foods!

I'm excited for your weight loss - keep up the great work!
  • potions68
    Options
    you really should not beat youself up ...... i go off the rails at least once a week ....... its a lifetime change and we all know a LITTLE bit of what you fancy does you good ...... get back on to it , its not the end of the world , you have done great to hit your magic number ... well done you !!! :-)
  • 111sqy
    111sqy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I needed to see thank you so much!
  • antrout
    antrout Posts: 2
    Options
    It's ok, we all have slip ups on occasion. Just forget it, get back on track and you'll be just fine :smile:
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    GOOD! BE glad that you ate it, it's a chicken sandwich. Even if it was breaded and had cheese, bacon, and ranch dressing it's just one chicken sandwich! It's not going to derail you or put pounds back on or anything like that.

This is what worries me about people "dieting". You need to learn to find a way to live and still enjoy yourself while making better choices. No you can't eat junk all the time, but if you eat nothing but salads all the time you're going to snap one day and give up.

Log it, see that it's not the end of the world, and try to adjust your thinking to learn that you CAN have chicken sandwiches and burgers and pizza and whatever else you enjoy. You just need to find a way to fit it into your calorie intake for the day. And I've always been a big supporter of the occasional cheat day.

Good news. You can lose weight and still enjoy the foods you love.

^^Listen to THIS!! He knows what he's talking about!

I have to second this
  • BullletproofPaleoman
    BullletproofPaleoman Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I hit my lowest weight in months today, I've been eating really well for the past several weeks, cut out most junk food, cut back on alcohol

Awesomeness!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Firstly well done on the weight loss!

Secondly, no big deal, so you ate a burger, like a few people have said it's not gonna set you back (unless the taste has turned you into some junk food possesed demon).

Also it's nice to not care every once in a while, are you going to count every cal for the rest of you life?
  • bbmich23
    bbmich23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone here. There is nothing I can say that someone else didn't already say..I had Mcdonald's chicken nuggets yesterday and I felt guilty....FOR A MINUTE! You reached your goal weight..that is awesome..I think it is healthier to give in once in a great while. Had you not had that sandwich your craving may have gotten worse and you may have reached for something worse or a few things worse...Log it and move on..do a few extra minutes in your exercise routine..it won't sabotage everything you have done and worked hard for..BUT a negative attitude will...You are doing great! Don't let yourself get into the negative mode..
  • findgod2findlife
    findgod2findlife Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    NEVER deprive yourself!! There will be times that you eat things that are unhealthy! It's unrealistic to think otherwise, we are only human!! There will be special occasions, parties, and times when you just want to treat yourself a bit! Don't get down on yourself, that is more unhealthy than eating the food itself. I've lost 90 pounds since April by exercising, praying, & counting calories. Ive never deprived myself & I made room for the special occasions of life. You can do it too!! & Congratulations
  • teepeetim
    teepeetim Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I always have a bit of junk food each week. I eat fairly well the rest of the time and I exercise.
    If I didn't have some garbage food now and then, I would have fallen off the wagon a long time ago.
    I don't overdo the bad food, and I make sure I exercise.

What you did is no big deal, in my opinion.

You're doing great !
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Every day, every meal, every mouthful, is only a battle in the war on unnecessary kilocalories. Perhaps, maybe, you lost the battle, but you don't have to concede to defeat and throw in the towel and end the war. Log in what you ate if you care to, hit the gym, get back to eating healthy keep it up. None of us are perfect, why should you be? And there is nothing wrong when you are at your goal weight to indulge in decadence once in awhile. Enjoy life now, now that you have hit your magic number and goal weight.

Viva!

This. :flowerforyou:
  • staceycanada
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. I allow myself little treats here and there and just exercise more.
    This has allowed me to not feel deprived and crave things.
    I just don't eat the all the time like I was doing.
    One day is not going to blow everything out of the water. :flowerforyou:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    reduce-stress-and-relax.jpg
    its not going to kill you.....