Dominos Pizza Cheat Recipe

Options
Since October my boyfriend has worked as a delivery driver for Dominos Pizza. Which means, beings his girlfriends, I have access to unlimited free pizza *drool*. But it isn't their pizza I've had a thing for, it's been their stuffed cheesy bread! I've been wondering how I could make it for less than 1,000 calories (ouch). While looking a recipe for their garlic butter, I found a PERFECT recipe for their pizza with a huge difference in calories. I just thought this should be shared for all of those pizza delivery lovers out there who would love to be able to cut some calories.

http://www.tvshowupdate.com/dr-oz-dominos-pizza-cheat-recipe-secret-sauce-garlic-butter/

Replies

• Cinnamonie
    Cinnamonie Posts: 138
    Options
    <3 this if only I knew how to cook haha
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh this sounds soooooo good! Thanks for posting :)
  • Schmidty102
    Schmidty102 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    how many calories is in the entire pizza?
  • Jennessaphilip
    Options
    Well you assume Dominos cuts into 8 slices. So one serving of 1 piece x 8 = calories in whole pizza
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You could try to replicate the toppings and cheese but use baked cauliflower as the dough. Sounds odd but I made cauliflower cheese bread sticks and they were amazing.....even my kids and husband loved them. Going to try the pizza version next time.
  • bubbanene
    bubbanene Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    why would anyone want to duplicate dominos pizza!!! I fyou figure out how to duplicate palermos let me know LOL chicago pizza snob here
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Probably without exception (unless home cooks go crazy with unnecessary additions), homemade is hands-down going to be healthier than anything ordered/eaten out/store-bought/pre-packaged/etc., pizza included. And take heart, Cinnamonie, pizza dough is one of the easiest homemade foods to attempt. :) Just ensure the water in which you dissolve the yeast is baby-bathwater warm (approx. 110° F), and add to it the sugar, to feed the yeast -- the linked recipe fails to give adequate instruction, in my opinion. Use instant yeast if available. Good luck on healthifying your pizza, Jennessaphili!
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Schmidty102 asked:
    how many calories is in the entire pizza?
    To quote the article, "Todd Wilbur’s Domino’s Cheat pizza recipe costs 185 calories and 3 grams of fat per slice! Enjoy without the guilt!" Or 1,480 calories for 8 slices, thus the entire pizza.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    For comparison, according to Domino's online nutrition calculator 1 slice of a large (14") thin crust cheese pizza is 230 calories.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    <3 this if only I knew how to cook haha
    im with u on this one
  • HappyHungryHealthy
    HappyHungryHealthy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I actually found this recipe last night . It seems easy with no fuss and doesnt have a list full of ingredients, which i hate! http://kirbiecravings.com/2012/09/worlds-easiest-pizza-crust.html
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    bump...so trying this. thanks
  • supergirljen
    Options
    For comparison, according to Domino's online nutrition calculator 1 slice of a large (14") thin crust cheese pizza is 230 calories.

For all that work...that's not enough of a difference for me.
  • Cinnamonie
    Cinnamonie Posts: 138
    Options
    Probably without exception (unless home cooks go crazy with unnecessary additions), homemade is hands-down going to be healthier than anything ordered/eaten out/store-bought/pre-packaged/etc., pizza included. And take heart, Cinnamonie, pizza dough is one of the easiest homemade foods to attempt. :) Just ensure the water in which you dissolve the yeast is baby-bathwater warm (approx. 110° F), and add to it the sugar, to feed the yeast -- the linked recipe fails to give adequate instruction, in my opinion. Use instant yeast if available. Good luck on healthifying your pizza, Jennessaphili!

Hmm maybe I'll get up the courage to try it haha. Right now all my cooking is whatever fits in my toaster oven lol
  • Baloo
    Baloo Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Bump!