Mar 1, 2013 Starting a six week program, looking for buddies

Options
Hi - I am starting a six week weightloss-makeover-cleanse and would love for anyone else to join me. I plan on doing the slim in 6 dvds from Debbie Siebers and just really watching my calorie intake, and making clean eating choices. I have fallen off the wagon, BADLY and I need to get my health and fitness back. I hope you can join me! Its easier to do it with others with the same goal.
Whatever you plan to do for exercise for the next six weeks, we can hold each other accountable. A 7-10lb loss is what I am hoping for, more the better. Please reply, write!! Thanks!! AJ

Replies

• rachellefitz
    Options
    I won't be doing the same plan as you but I'd be happy to help encourage and motivate you to make the right choices during your weightloss-makeover-cleanse. feel free to add me and good luck!!
  • bobbietaylor733
    Options
    Hey AJ & rachelle - I would love to join the challenge..... I`ve just started online today, but have been using the Fitness Pal app since the first week of January. I did the Jillian Micheals 30 day Shred last month, plus walking/jogging 3 days a week, but have lost the momentum for the last week or so.... So far I have lost 10 lbs in 2 months, which is GREAT, but I need more..... I have a trip planned with a couple of friends to New York City on Mother`s Day weekend and would love to reach my goal of 140lb by then. I picked up a couple more Jillian Micheal`s videos and plan to start tomorrow (fingers crossed).... I need to start paying more attention to my calorie intake as well....Together we can do this!!!!!!!!
  • AJ150magic
    Options
    Rachelle, Bobbie - Thanks for the replies!!! I am so excited and hopefully that excitement will continue through the next six weeks...i find that I cannot keep the motivation up and after a week or so, I just fall off the wagon. I also have the 30 day shred...but I'd like to start with SI6 since i haven't done much in a couple of months in terms of exercise. How should we do this? I will add you both and we message each other? Sorry, kind of a newbie at the MFP scene. Yes, together we can do it!!! Thanks for your support!!
  • rachpetersen
    rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me too ladies. I am a new mom and started the TurboFire program weeks ago...would love the extra support and to keep each other accountable. I log in every day and have only missed one workout day in the last weeks!...so hopefully I can help motivate you guys to do the same. I have lost 8 lbs so far and hope to lost the same amount in the next month or so if possible. Let's do this thingy!!
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hello All.

I would love to join your challenge. I am doing the Tapout XT dvds, and I am struggling. I am hoping maybe this will help me keep things in check. Please add me if you would like.
  • snowbell519
    Options
    Hi, I am also starting a plan on March 1. I am watching sugar, fat and calorie intake. Swimming will be my exercise. Let's see how we do. Good luck!!!!!:love: Carolyn
  • sjkcarter
    Options
    Also my name is ShaRon.
  • AJ150magic
    Options
    Sharon, Carolyn and RachP, please add me. I begin the SI6 program today, March 1. Thanks for replying to this thread! Good luck! Anyone out there interested in a new beginning this March is welcome to join us!!
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I love the slim in 6 series! I had great results with that program....good luck!!! please feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • Robin2932
    Options
    I'm new to the message boards but I actually joined fitness pal about a year ago when I decided to lose the baby weight (my kids were 7 and 9 but sshhh dont tell anyone) Between January of 2012 and May 2012 I lost 60lbs, I went from 262 to 202. Well, I'm not sure what happened around June, I stopped going to the gym, started eating a cheeseburger here and there, and went back to my soda's which by the way I stopped cold turkey when I started. And now, 30 lbs back on, Makes me sick, I was doing hour workouts in the gym no problem, I was killing an hour zumba workout, and now 30 minutes and I think I'm going to die. Due to personal issues I lost my workout partner (which actually is my boss as well) and I just have absolutely NO motivation anymore. I've started working out again but controlling my calories is extremely hard for me this time. It would be nice to see others going through the same thing, just to know you're not alone :)
  • sjkcarter
    Options
    Hope all is well with everyone. Workout for day 1 is done. Bring it on March!!!
  • sjkcarter
    Options
    I'm new to the message boards but I actually joined fitness pal about a year ago when I decided to lose the baby weight (my kids were 7 and 9 but sshhh dont tell anyone) Between January of 2012 and May 2012 I lost 60lbs, I went from 262 to 202. Well, I'm not sure what happened around June, I stopped going to the gym, started eating a cheeseburger here and there, and went back to my soda's which by the way I stopped cold turkey when I started. And now, 30 lbs back on, Makes me sick, I was doing hour workouts in the gym no problem, I was killing an hour zumba workout, and now 30 minutes and I think I'm going to die. Due to personal issues I lost my workout partner (which actually is my boss as well) and I just have absolutely NO motivation anymore. I've started working out again but controlling my calories is extremely hard for me this time. It would be nice to see others going through the same thing, just to know you're not alone :)

I definitely know what your are going through. I was down 40lbs and over the summer I gain 15-20 back. I found that making a workout calendar to put on my wall works for me. Something about crossing off the dates and seeing on paper what I've accomplished work for me.
  • erikacole
    erikacole Posts: 87 Member
    Options

Same boat..lost 25 lbs and reached goal last May. Then I let myself slip and get lazy :/ I have gained 18 of the 25 back :..( But I just can't get motivated and instead am getting depressed....
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I hear ya... time for some kick *kitten*.... I have Vegas in a month.. love to drop 8 pounds by then.. hardcore workout for me for the next 30 plus days... Happy March.... work hard and sweat even harder...lol
  • mzrellerelle
    Options
    Hey hey!!

I am brand new to fitness pal because I wanted to lose some weight and we have the same time frame goal! I would definitely love to join you!! We can do it!! Woo!!
  • Robin2932
    Options
    The workout calendar sounds like a great idea, I use the apps to track everything but I think it would help if I see it every time I wake up :) Thanks for the tip
  • sjkcarter
    Options
    How is everyone doing this Monday morning? The weekend was pretty rough for with friends birthdays, and hanging with my mom. I did not get to get in my workouts, but I will catch this week and be back on track. I did pretty good with the food, so I that is where i keep on track. Hope everyone had a great weekend, and lets make this week count.
  • sdouglas8
    sdouglas8 Posts: 12
    Options
    I am trying to get back on track too. Need some accountability to help keep me focused! Fairly new to myfitnesspal.com. Is there anyway to form a group or something so that we can all keep in touch. Or do we just keep using this thread?

I am drinking my green smoothie this morning and hope to make a fitness class tonight. if not - I had better start doing something at home. It is time to be DONE WITH THE EXCUSES!
  • dancarver1
    Options
    I'm in! I'm doing a six week challenge also (although not the exact one that you are doing). I've been doing a low-carb, high protein diet, working out almost every day since January and I've already lost over 20 lbs. But I need another goal to keep me motivated. Let's do it!
  • sjkcarter
    Options
    We can start a group. I don't know if the OP wants to do that, if not I can start a group if I am not stepping on anyone's toes.