30 day shred fail!

Options
Today is my first day of calorie counting and exercising.

I started 30 day shred and only got 10 mins and had to stop, it kicked my butt! I have a lot to lose and I haven't exercised in a long time so it's not surprising but I'm hoping some of you can inspire me to keep going with your 30DS results.

I'm new on here so feel free to add me, the motivation will be appreciated :happy:

Replies

• mrslehan2013
    Options
    That happend to me the first day I did it last time! It's so hard! I think I made it two weeks in an dI gave up. Not good. I want to do i t again but never have motivation to do it :( Add me and we can support each other?

Oh and I did ose 10 pounds in those 2 weeks I did it and you could def. tell a difference in my body!! So it works!
  • The1iceQueen
    Options
    Years ago when my sister and I first did the 30ds we both had to stop it at 10 minutes and take a break, then do the other 10, then break, then do the last. We weren't terribly overweight, but we were so out of shape. It happens, the important thing is you finish it and do it and follow your nutrition as well. Don't give up on it, because you will see a real noticeble difference by the end of it. It gets easier and easier everyday as you get stronger. You can do it, don't give up!
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    It is an incredibly challenging workout, but it will get you into shape. Good for you starting out with it! The first time I did, I wondered if I could make through too! I didn't take measurements when I did it but I do remember my clothes fitting better afterward. Don't give up-you CAN do this!
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Kicked my butt the first time too. It takes a couple of weeks if you have never or have not exercised in a long time. You will get thru it if you stick to it. And after a while it may even feel to easy. Keep going you can do it. keep with the blonde girl until you get used to it.
  • nathanandclairesmom
    Options
    I just bought this video and started last night. I am excited and hoping to see results!
  • lollipopbop
    lollipopbop Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for the quick replies and support, I'm going to keep going with it and hope I do the whole 27 minutes in one go asap!
  • jenniferdlake
    Options
    It is extremely tough when you first start. There is no shame in taking a break. Just do it again and you will get farther each time. I will do day 9 level 1 today. I noticed yesterday that it is finally getting to where I don't feel like I'm going to die in the middle of it. I can already tell a difference in my arms. There is definition there that hasn't been there before. It works, but yes it is extremely hard. Just do what you can and keep trying. The point is that you are moving and making an effort. Before you know it, you will be able to do the whole thing. Good luck!
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Whenever I start a video that has a "timeline" to it, I tend to take a week as my "intro week." I do the video, but take breaks and do less reps if I need to so I can get used to it and ease my way into it. Then I start it for real. I'm still getting the benefits of exercising, but not overworking my body and not discouraging myself from continuing on with the video.
  • Laura42012
    Laura42012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Do as much as you can. You may not do it perfectly the first time or do it constantly throughout the video but do what you can and keep trying. :)

Everyone is at different fitness levels but I assure you, when you finally 'get it' down, it will be the best feeling ever.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    That happened to me too and I thought I was FIT. LOL I couldn't believe a dvd workout could do that to anybody. It looked harmless... this was some years ago, but I still got that dvd and been thinking about it.

Don't worry, do it at your pace, take breaks and jump back in to finish it. It's not cheating. you'll eventually be able to keep up.
  • lollipopbop
    lollipopbop Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Whenever I start a video that has a "timeline" to it, I tend to take a week as my "intro week." I do the video, but take breaks and do less reps if I need to so I can get used to it and ease my way into it. Then I start it for real. I'm still getting the benefits of exercising, but not overworking my body and not discouraging myself from continuing on with the video.

Thanks for this, I think that's a great idea. I'm going to start the 'real' week when I can go the whole 27 minutes and keep trying every day until then x
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    You could substitute some of the cardio for marching on the spot? Just try to keep your heart rate up for the 20 minutes solid and keep trying to improve.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    That happened to me too and I thought I was FIT. LOL I couldn't believe a dvd workout could do that to anybody. It looked harmless... this was some years ago, but I still got that dvd and been thinking about it.

Don't worry, do it at your pace, take breaks and jump back in to finish it. It's not cheating. you'll eventually be able to keep up.

This.

My friend teaches a cardio kickbox-style class and thought she was fit enough to skip to level 3 of 30ds...she got her butt kicked
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    You didn't fail, you succeeded for 10 minutes.

tomorrow, try to succeed for 11 minutes... then 12... then 15.... then 20.... then the whole workout....

there's no law that says you have to complete the whole thing in 30 days. Each time you do better than your previous time, you succeed. And once you get to 30 minutes, then you'll be ready to do the whole 30 day shred...

btw it's okay to take rest days, in fact it wasn't intended for doing on 30 consecutive days. Rest days are good for you, that's when your body recuperates and rebuilds itself. Just don't take too many rest days - make a schedule for yourself with 1 or 2 rest days a week, and stick to your schedule. Give yourself targets as you go along.
  • teamike
    teamike Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am almost at the 5 week mark of p90x and when I get really out of breath or exhausted I just push the pause button, catch my breath, reset, and hit play again. It seems that I have pushed the pause button less this week than the previous weeks.

I don't let the dvd play while I take a break. This way I don't miss out on trying to do everything they do.