Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Options
    my mom has one ive used a couple times, im not sure if i like it though
  • this1bigdog
    this1bigdog Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    my buddy has one and i kind of chuckle every time i sit on it . .I am 6'4" and it's like a toy to me. . .it's good if you don't have a large frame . .but I am a cardio bunny. . give me my bike and I can burn more calories and have way more fun doing it than any other person. . .if you are getting it to and it's not something fun . .I would recommend that you find a fun exercise 1st . .such as rollerblading, hiking, surfing, swimming, karate, or anything super active. . it's got to be fun or it isn't going to be long term. . .
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    my buddy has one and i kind of chuckle every time i sit on it . .I am 6'4" and it's like a toy to me. . .it's good if you don't have a large frame . .but I am a cardio bunny. . give me my bike and I can burn more calories and have way more fun doing it than any other person. . .if you are getting it to and it's not something fun . .I would recommend that you find a fun exercise 1st . .such as rollerblading, hiking, surfing, swimming, karate, or anything super active. . it's got to be fun or it isn't going to be long term. . .

dang i was hoping my husband could use it he's 6'4'' too oh well guess it will just be mine lol : )
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    as a strong person, my problem is progression. I can do 10 reps of most exercises I'd like to do on it from the highest incline to start with.

You can do some great upper body stuff on one, but for a strong person (mostly males here, sorry just genetic) it would be hard to progress on one.
  • PAZlady
    PAZlady Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I didn't care much for it. I'm 5'9" and when I lay on it I didn't feel that comfortable. Maybe if your shorter. Plus I thought attaching the cables around your legs for the quad excercises was okay if you were a contortionist but maybe that was just me :laugh:
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I didn't care much for it. I'm 5'9" and when I lay on it I didn't feel that comfortable. Maybe if your shorter. Plus I thought attaching the cables around your legs for the quad excercises was okay if you were a contortionist but maybe that was just me :laugh:

I'm 5'6'' hopefully it won't be too bad for me. I'll send it back if i don't like it lol
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Options
    as a strong person, my problem is progression. I can do 10 reps of most exercises I'd like to do on it from the highest incline to start with.

You can do some great upper body stuff on one, but for a strong person (mostly males here, sorry just genetic) it would be hard to progress on one.
    Most workouts are too easy on it, there are a couple good arm workouts you can do on it, but thats about all, all the leg workouts were pointless IMO too easy, its harder just to do squats and lunges
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to use mine due to "tennis elbow". The pulling reaggravates it every time. :-( I like it though. If you are not a weight lifter to begin with you can get a good workout. If you are naturally strong it may not be for you.