NSV and a SV

Options
kjf1982
kjf1982 Posts: 102 Member
I started this new lifestyle on Jan 2nd. Since then I've lost 22.6 pounds.

Now for the NSV's.

Early January at the gym, I could only do 20 SECONDS on the elliptical. Yesterday I did over 30 minutes.

Early January my jeans were tight on me. This week I'm wearing jeans a size smaller than those and they are loose.

Early January I couldn't walk up the stairs at work without getting winded. Yesterday I ran up them and was fine.

Early January my stomach touched my steering wheel of my car. I noticed this morning that I can fit my finger between the two.

Early January I was wearing a 4X shirt. Last week I bought a 3X, and even after washing it fit.

Early January I doubted myself and whether I could stick with this, now I have all the confidence in the world.

I used to get migraines on a weekly (if not more) basis, since I started eating healthier and exercising, I've had ONE.

I can play an entire game of volleyball before I get too warm and break a sweat. That used to happen during pregame warm-ups.

I sleep better at night, I have more energy, more spring in my step.

I couldn't be happier about the progress I've made the past 2 months. I can't wait to see what this summer has in store for me. :)

Thanks for reading. :)

Replies

• jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Thats so great! Hard work pays off! Great job!
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You have a great list of NSV's. So happy for you. I wish you continued success!
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    that is so awesome!!!!!!!!! Isn't it wonderful how great we start to feel when we treat our bodies the right way I didn't think I was that out of shape until I really started trying
  • joro0404
    joro0404 Posts: 20
    Options
    that's great and shows what a difference a couple of months makes. Well done
  • Sandylovesm
    Sandylovesm Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Well done, keep up the great work :)
  • ccostagliola
    ccostagliola Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You're doing well...You should br proud of your successes thus far. Keep going, I think the summer will be great:)
  • jenniferdlake
    Options
    Great job! So glad you are seeing successes. There are many more to come I'm sure. Keep up the good work! Good for you!
  • kjf1982
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am very proud of myself and sooo excited! :)
  • BarbBBQ
    BarbBBQ Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! Keep up the nice work!!!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    You are doing so great! Your dedication and success so far is really admirable and you should be proud. <3
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the great work! You got this!
  • WJZR
    WJZR Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am old and out of the loop. What is NSV and NV?

" Never Say Vegetables" "Not Saving Visions" " Nervous, Stressed, Very worried" ?
  • kjf1982
    Options
    NSV= Non Scale Victory

SV= Scale Victory (usually people just say NSV, but I wanted to include my "SV" too.)
  • lhgalant
    lhgalant Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am old and out of the loop. What is NSV and NV?

" Never Say Vegetables" "Not Saving Visions" " Nervous, Stressed, Very worried" ?

NON SCALE VICTORY
  • tripodsmom
    tripodsmom Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    :D this is wonderful!!!! I dont even know ya but my heart just swelled up with pride for ya! :flowerforyou:
  • wbergea
    wbergea Posts: 22
    Options
    Outstanding progress! Keep the faith and you WILL reach your goal....
  • kjf1982
    Options
    :D this is wonderful!!!! I dont even know ya but my heart just swelled up with pride for ya! :flowerforyou:

Thank you SO MUCH! MFP is amazing! I love the support. :)
  • yves_lydia
    Options
    That's marvelous!!!! Congratulations!!!!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful list of NSV's (and SV)! Your determination and joy at each accomplishment is inspirational. Wishing you many more this month. Just rereading these, when needed, should give you the boost you need to keep at it.
  • dub73
    dub73 Posts: 70
    Options
    Keep it up girl! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!