1st Birthday!!!

Options
So, my son is turning one is April (So excited!) and we are planning on having a Curious George party. (It's his favorite TV show) and I know there's a lot of creative people on here and I need ideas!!!! Especially that are monkey/curious george related and good for you kids (1-5) And young adults (20's-early 30's).

Replies

• abouttobebootylicious
    Options
    I'd see if your local library has rooms to rent and you could host it there, around some of the favorite Curious George board books. One tasty snack that might be suitable for that age group could be vanilla wafers spread with marshmallow fluff (for older kids who don't have allergies and don't have the risk of choking hazards, peanut butter can be substitued for fluff) and topped with a slice of banana.
  • jazzedorange
    jazzedorange Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    go to pinterest.com and sign up. you will get a crap ton of ideas!
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I did a monkey theme for my son't first birthday in August. Pinterest and Etsy were my friends for ideas! They have really cute monkey cupcake ideas but I made the cupcake toppers with a picture of a monkey to put on them. I bought a couple blow up monkeys from oriental trading for decoration. I didn't really have a theme for my food but had sliders (pulled pork and turkey bacon ranch), veggies and dip in little cups, mac and cheese bites. I also had a banana split bar for dessert... Bananas, ice cream, and lots of toppings! I gave out little monkey head water bottles for favors. I also ordered my son a shirt off of Etsy that had a monkey and a 1.

Some other ideas i wanted to do..
    frozen banana with chocolate and sprinkles
    banana shaped cookies
    palm fronds for decoration
    animal crackers for favors
  • mrslehan2013
    Options
    I love the banana split idea!!!

Etsy and Pintrest are my best friends! Unfortunetly I'm at work so often and we can't access them here. We are doing a chocolate fountain with bananas, apples, etc.
  • amykluver
    amykluver Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    We did the same thing for my oldest (just turned 5) but for his 1st & 2nd birthday. I have a really great banana bread recipe that makes good cake or cupcakes and I add chocolate chips (or chocolate frosting). I ahve a super cute (and not too hard) monkey cupcake idea.... and this is a pic that's pretty close to it. http://www.jmrossphotography.com/monkey-cupcakes

I don't do pinterest as MFP and FB are big enough timewasters for me (I'm actually suppose to be working right now). But that would be a great place too.