Modifying P90X for time?

Options
Everytime I am on here I get ads for P90X, I think it might be fate dropping hints to give it another go.

Does anyone else modify it for time constraints? How do you do it? i have a three y/o and a 8 m/o and they certainly like to prevent me from getting it done. Any ideas?

Replies

• Church769
    Church769 Posts: 1
    Options
    Good morning,
    I'm 40 with no time with kids and work. I have been doing 25 min. three times a week on the P90X and it's been working...
    Good luck...
  • thomas54
    thomas54 Posts: 8
    Options
    i really want to get this but am afaraid to a bit. i dont want to waste my money if i cant do it. does it take long to be able to do it. i was told by someone at work u have to work up to it. what do u think, any help would be appreciated. and do u need weights or anything else to go with it. thanks
  • kimberlymejia
    Options
    I don't have children but work full time and have night time commitments so I have to get up at 5 a.m. to get the workouts in. If time is a factor, I'd suggest trying Insanity. It's less time but just as effective as P90X. If you modify the time of the workouts, you won't be be doing all the exercises plus you won't get the results that people achieve when they are able to do the full program. So if you can commit to 45 minutes, try Insanity because you can do the full workout and achieve the full results as if you are doing the full P90X program (which workouts are an hour to an hour and a half). Or, Jillian Michaels has a 30 minute workout dvd which is very good too.
  • kimberlymejia
    Options
    With P90X, it is very extreme and you need weights, a pull up bar, yoga mat and bands if you choose. So there is also that financial obligation on top of what you pay for the program. With Insanity, you use your own body weight so you do not need anything but yourself.

P90X is a tough, tough workout. But you can take breaks if you need to and you do what you can in the time allowance and you will see yourself doing more and more each time.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I get up an hour before my kids get up. So I am up at 6am and do P90X. The program is so amazing if you can commit to it. Even if you are not doing the entire thing at the start it is worth every penny. All you have to do is read my stats. Those stats are from the start of P90X (50 days ago) :smile:
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I just started it yesterday and was kinda thinking the same thing, I am a stay at home mom (4 yrs and 2 yrs) and I also babysit other kids about 12 hours a day. I'm getting up at 5 am and doing it 3 times a week.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I have been using P90X for a good 3 years now. You don't *have* to follow it as written.

My hubby uses it 3 and just does 30 min of the weight training but lifts HEAVY. He does one set of each exercise instead of 2. It has worked GREAT for him, he's dropped 30 pounds and looks amazing!

Send me a message if you have any questions about it!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    i really want to get this but am afaraid to a bit. i dont want to waste my money if i cant do it. does it take long to be able to do it. i was told by someone at work u have to work up to it. what do u think, any help would be appreciated. and do u need weights or anything else to go with it. thanks

If you are nervous about P90X you can start with P90 (Power 90). It is not as intense, but you still get a great workout. I have been using it since the beginning of March and can definitely see a difference in my shape. It cost about half as much as P90X and the only thing you need are weights (I currently use 5, 8, and 10lb weights, but I started with 3, 5, and 8lbs).
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,743 Member
    Options
    I am a P90X fan and am doing it currently, but if you're looking for the most bang for your buck, I'd suggest looking into Slim in 6. It's half the price of P90X, and you can get great results with it. Plus, the only equipment you need (a resistance band) comes with it. It does get a little monotonous, I'll admit. You can add Slim Series once you're ready to move on, which will give you great variety, and the price for both together is the same as P90X. I'll probably be doing a hybrid of Slim in 6 and Slim Series once I finish this round of P90X. That is if I don't buy the new TurboFire, which looks like a fun one!