Rock The Weekend!!

Options
Ok everyone the weekend is here and we need to rock it on MFP! Weekends are harder for me to stay on track. Actually, it is not uncommon for me to sabotage all of my hard effort from the week. This weekend in particular I work and usually eat more due to the stress of it. I'm about 3.5 pounds from goal as of today with hopes to reach goal by April! So please help me kick this weekend in the butt and come out winners!

Replies

• jneill69
    jneill69 Posts: 22
    Options
    I was the same way! Almost always, my lifestyle change attempts failed between Friday and Sunday.

What I've recently started doing is treating the weekend like the weekdays. Meaning, I still get up, run on the treadmill, fast until lunch, and journal my entries RELIGIOUSLY!
  • 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I hear you, weekends have been an obstacle for me too! My family likes to eat out over the weekend and we are super busy with sporting events. I am trying my hardest to start my Saturdays off with an hour at the gym and then on Sunday, trying to get a min. of 30 mintues of cardio in. We can do this!
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Good luck :drinker:
    You can do it. Try to imagine how fab and super chuffed you will feel o n Monday knowing you got through the weekend without sabotage :bigsmile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Mentally weekends are the DEMISE of many diet programs. Because it's associated with TIME OFF and RELAXATION, many do the same with their eating regimen.
    This is why I don't employ dieting for any of my clients, since I know that weekends are tough for many. If I can get them to think about eating the same way everyday, then they don't lose the battle. And as of late, it's been working for all of them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    Weekends are tough, I counteract some of this by trying to get to the gym at least once, has been working for me lately. Good luck everybody!!
  • Lollypopems
    Options
    Yes, they are tough! But think of them like normal days, don't overindulge and enjoy spending time with family and friends and don't think about the food aspect as that is what's most important =)
  • tuiccim
    tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Agreed! Weekends are tough since you are not on routine. I have a progressive dinner (you start at one friends house for apps, move to another's for dinner, then one for dessert) with friends that live in my complex this weekend and am slightly nervous about what they are serving and how I will be able to calculate it.