"You've only bloody gone and done it!"

Options
vicidoesstuff
vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
I wanted to share this mini success. My boyfriend's always found it a little difficult to express his support for me during my weight loss because he doesn't want to sound mean. Last night in his slightly drunken, euphoric (we'd just been to a comedy club so he had laughed and grinned for about 2 hours straight) state, he managed to tell me exactly what he thought about it.

First attempt: "You do look better than you did before."
I raised an eyebrow at this, then he said:
Second attempt: "Right. Before, I thought you were absolutely gorgeous and I didn't think it was possible that you could get any better but, you know what, you've only bloody gone and done it!"
To which I replied, "And there's more to come, still got more weight to come off."

Ah it did make me laugh. I TOLD him so!

Replies

• jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    this is great, i can relate! i've been with my boyfriend for over 6 years now and he's always told me that he loves me and that i'm hot and gorgeous etc but i've noticed that he says it more often now and don't think he realizes he does :) and even when i'm not dressed up at all he'd come in and id be standing in my workout clothes making dinner and he'd be like ohmygod you really are gorgeous - its great confidence boost knowing that after so long together he still sees me and thinks wow :)
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Aawwww... that was vey sweet! You deserve it. :smile:
  • Jeni322
    Jeni322 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Awwww, that made me smile :)
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    awe!!! That is too sweet!
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Much better than my boyfriend's response to my weight loss...he calls me a "stick with boobs." Which is hilarious, but still... :)

Congrats! It's wonderful when you get that support from the people closest to you!
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I wanted to share this mini success. My boyfriend's always found it a little difficult to express his support for me during my weight loss because he doesn't want to sound mean. Last night in his slightly drunken, euphoric (we'd just been to a comedy club so he had laughed and grinned for about 2 hours straight) state, he managed to tell me exactly what he thought about it.

First attempt: "You do look better than you did before."
    I raised an eyebrow at this, then he said:
    Second attempt: "Right. Before, I thought you were absolutely gorgeous and I didn't think it was possible that you could get any better but, you know what, you've only bloody gone and done it!"
    To which I replied, "And there's more to come, still got more weight to come off."

Ah it did make me laugh. I TOLD him so!

And then, and then ??? What happened next ?? :tongue: :wink:
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    Sweet :smile: It's great to hear it from the people you really want to hear it from :happy:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Kudos to both of you.

Something else - There's an old saying that "A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts". So if this bloke has gushed some complimentary gibberish while in his cups, you can be pretty sure he's sincere.

I agree with him BTW,,, you're a very attractive young woman. :smile:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't say much either. He is afraid of saying the wrong thing as well. But I have noticed he is more vocal recently about how good I look. Before that though, I had lost some weight and he wasn't saying anything about it. I was frustrated and thought maybe he didn't notice, but then I started finding out about him talking to all his friends, co-workers and family about how good I look! It's nice to hear it directly from him, but it was good to know he was bragging about me and was proud of me! :blushing:

Mine also seems to say a lot more when he's been hitting the truth serum.....I mean alcohol! LOL :drinker:
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Awe - very cute!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Soo cute, so sweet!
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    Good for you! You didn't quit because others close to you told you it wasn't necessary. It's nice to know that they love us as we are, but if we love them in return (as well as ourselves), then we should aim to make ourselves the healthiest we can be. And if along with the healthiness, we happen to acquire a more appealing presence... well.... I can't imagine anyone complaining... LOL :laugh:

In my case, my persistence and ability to do this journey with a smile has encouraged my husband to now try to improve his own health. That is something that no amount of nagging could have accomplished. :drinker: It's one of the best rewards that I've received!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    LOL!! sooo sweet!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I love it!! Boyfriends are adorable. :)
  • vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!