Excited for doctors appt....until I went

Options
2»

Replies

• lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    OMG Ok, yes, I'm a freaking rice addict..that's what I eat..rice rice rice...I'm good with that...I know what I'm eating and I didn't realize how very important it was to label everything so everybody else could be happy with it. I'll try to do a better job. In the meantime, i have a pile of rice calling my name..cause that's all I can think about right now.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    While BP can change significantly, cholesterol is more genetic since even reducing dietary cholesterol doesn't affect it much at all.
    Just keep it up. Especially after being a smoker, your endurance and stamina have been greatly affected and what you may perceive as hard work, may be average for another person of your same height, weight and age.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Be patient. Your only a 1/3 of the way. I'll bet $100 that after you drop another 30lbs your labs will be improved.
  • rell2k13
    rell2k13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Labs be damned there is nothing healthy about being a fat smoker. I don't know why you would let the labs dictate your motivation anyways. If you have given up smoking then good. If you are working your *kitten* off (literally) then good. Stick with it and make as many healthy decisions as you can. If you take your body to a health place then your labs will get there in time. Don't let this doctor visit be a reason to fall back in to old habits. If anything this just means you need to work even harder.
  • lorcart
    Options
    Thanks guys...I'm going to ROCK the next visit in 6 months. Can't wait! :)
  • makaiya
    makaiya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i'm a respiratory therapist and i work in both a regular hospital and a nursing home.

fat smokers don't do well. neither do skinny smokers. and i want to smack them both for wanting breathing treatments before and after they go out for smokes.

so, save yourself a beating from a respiratory therapist and don't freaking smoke.
  • lorcart
    Options
    haha I don't plan on going back to smoking..but DAMN..my numbers were SO much better when I did! :P