Yup! THERE IT IS!!! The magic number I had hoped for...

Options
Today I'm doing the HAPPY DANCE BIG TIME!!!!! I DID IT!!! I lost those 43 pounds that sneaked up on me over the years!

I reset my goals several times along this journey. Each time that I reached my goal, I celebrated and then decided to set a new, more challenging one. Well, today the scale tells me that I am indeed AT THE END OF THE JOURNEY, and that now I have to set up housekeeping so that I can stay at this spot, and not backslide! :happy:

I am comfortably in the healthy category for people my height. The sun seems to shine more brightly and the birds in our yard seem to be singing more sweetly today. The world looks so much more beautiful when you feel good about yourself. I feel like going out and buying a huge cake and a gazillion balloons and having some kind of big party, but friends might think I have totally gone bonkers! :laugh: No, I can't really do that, but I am SO happy to have the opportunity to meet a fellow mfp member in person tomorrow and to go hiking the nearby zoo with her. What a way to celebrate! I'm so grateful that she and I will be able to do this. It makes this accomplishment so much more awesome for me! Can't wait!!

My other excitement is seeing my husband become more aware of the importance of the foods that he chooses and the portions he takes. He has recently lost 6 lbs (and appears to want to lose even more) by just making a few changes in his daily eating habits. I have to admit that no amount of nagging could have gotten him to do this. It's because he sees that I was successful and that I feel better now with my new weight. :wink:

JUST KEEP TRUDGING until you reach your goal!!!! It's amazing sitting here looking back at how far I've come toward a healthier life style. It wasn't easy, but OH SO TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!! Good luck to all those who take the time to celebrate with me by reading this. And thanks to EVERYONE who encouraged me along the way!

Replies

• JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: congratulations!! that is great!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!:drinker: Can't wait til I see my number!!:yawn:
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Wow, CONGRATULATIONS!!! :bigsmile:
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!! :smile:
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!

I definitely needed this today!!!
  • oliveoil7979
    oliveoil7979 Posts: 112
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congrats!
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • athenafl
    athenafl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Well done!!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    :smile: Congratulations.....I am so happy for you......yeah you.....:smile:
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Oh Wow, that is so wonderful! AWESOME JOB!!!!!
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats! I am so happy for you!
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! You should be so so SO proud of yourself!!! Without a doubt a cause for a big celebration (even if it doesn't include hundreds of balloons, a cake, and lots of people!) Go out and do something you absolutely LOVE to do!! Enjoy your day and major blessings on what lies ahead for you!!

Have a wonderfully joyful day!!
  • nursedopey02
    Options
    Congratulations! You should be so proud of yourself! Do something nice for yourself!
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Fantastic!! Great job ..well done!!
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!!! Congratz :):) You should be sooo PROUD!
  • amyh2005
    amyh2005 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thats great!! I can't wait until I get there! You are an inspiration :)
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Yeah for you! That number feels so far away right now for me, so hearing that you made it to the finish line is like that voice of encouragement I really needed.

Yeah!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Definitely worth it! Way to go, congratulations!!! :happy:
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    :drinker: WOOHOO!! :drinker: Congrats to you and your wonderful achievements!! :flowerforyou: Enjoy your hike tomorrow, and don't forget to stop and smell the roses! :wink:
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Great job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!