Becoming increasingly concerned at zero weightloss

Options
I've been at this for 2 month, and obviously I'm not expecting to see massive changes over that time, but I have literally lost no weight, and no inches. I workout 6 days a week, some days I do more cardio, other days I focus on strength training, but as far as I can tell my routines follow suggestions for exercise plans for weight loss. I eat approximately my recommended calorie intake everyday, which I've calculated many times according to all the appropriate statistics. I eat a healthy balanced diets, I include healthy fats, protein, loads of veggies, etc. I get a good amount of sleep, and I'm not stressed...

So, according to most information I've looked at, I'm doing everything right, but I haven't seen any changes in my body. I hardly feel any fitter or stronger, I certainly haven't lost any weight. So now I'm starting to grow concerned, if I'm doing everything right, and nothing is changing... what's the problem?

Does anyone have any advice for me? Should I be going to see a doctor, a nutritionist, or somebody else? Am I just being impatient and paranoid? Please, advice would really be appreciated, because I'm starting to lose my "I love my body" attitude.

Replies

• danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    how much are you eating? too much or too little will cause stalls like this.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the numbers just don't work for people. I'm one of those people. According to IIFYM my (conservative) TDEE is 2688 so a 20% deficit would put me at 2150. But that's pretty much what I was eating and not losing anything. I'm sure that I ate 2688 I would be gaining, not maintaining. I'm now eating about 1800/day and losing about 1 pound a week - finally!

I would suggest just experimenting a little bit. Maybe drop your calorie intake or increase your exercising by 100-200 cals and see what happens.

It's all an experimentation to see what works for your body.
  • loseweightIhope
    Options
    I think lower your calories by 100 and see what happens, also are you eating clean? Don't give up.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    What is your weight and height and how much do you want to lose? If you have set your mfp t 1500, do you have net 1500, aka do you eat back your calories? Do you count exercise calories based on the mfp website? What is your BMR, TDEE sedentary?
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    how much are you eating? too much or too little will cause stalls like this.

This.. What are your numbers and how much of that are you eating? Macros? Height/Weight?
  • opaljade15
    Options
    What is your weight and height and how much do you want to lose? If you have set your mfp t 1500, do you have net 1500, aka do you eat back your calories? Do you count exercise calories based on the mfp website? What is your BMR, TDEE sedentary?

Ok, so here are my details: height 5"6, weight 150 lbs (I know this is within normal range, but I'm really looking to slim down). I'd really just like to get fitter, stronger and leaner, so maybe like 20lbs, something reasonable like that. My MFP daily calorie goal is set at 1700, most days my net calories hit between 1300-1500 (i.e. after factoring in exercise). Hopefully that helps a little bit?

Thanks for all the replies, it feels better knowing that I'm doing something about this issue rather than just binging or mulling it over. :)
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options

Ok, so here are my details: height 5"6, weight 150 lbs (I know this is within normal range, but I'm really looking to slim down). I'd really just like to get fitter, stronger and leaner, so maybe like 20lbs, something reasonable like that. My MFP daily calorie goal is set at 1700, most days my net calories hit between 1300-1500 (i.e. after factoring in exercise). Hopefully that helps a little bit?

Thanks for all the replies, it feels better knowing that I'm doing something about this issue rather than just binging or mulling it over. :)
    Based on scoobie's calculator, your BMR is 1508 and for 10% loss for desk work, you should consume 1629; for 1-3hours light exercise weekly it gives 1687. You should try to eat at least 1650 net and start strength training. You are within your normal range so it is going to be much harder to loose the last few pounds. Try for a 10% loss, instead of 20%. You are very young and your metabolism will bounce back if you take care of yourself.