26/F/College student looking for friends

Options
I've been part of this site for a few years now. I get really motivated and start to loose weight and keep it up for a few months. BUT right as I start to actually look/feel good and get closer to my goal, something happens in my life and I give up. Not that I meant to or wanted to, I just did and I don't know why. I've done the same thing twice now :(.

Anyway, I'm back now, have been for 33 days straight :) and this time I'm doing ok while trying to balance school, work, and this lifestyle. I have lost 9 pounds. I am 5'6" and currently 157lbs.

I'm 26 and am an Honors Student at UW (Seattle) and I waitress part time. Being super busy over the past 6 months really tired me out plus I had no time to work out :( (or if I did I felt way too tired to do so). Now I am making myself make/take time for it and am keeping my diet on track. It feels great :). I love working out! That's why it's so nuts that I always give it up!

I mostly do workout videos at home (30DS, Yoga Meltdown, Pilates, Kickboxing - all sorts of random YouTube workout videos too, haha. It's kind of fun to keep switching it up) but I also spend time at the gym when I can (24 hr fitness; I have a little obsession with the stair-mill :) ).

I aim to work out a minimum of 5 days a week (6 ideally, with an "active" rest day) for at least 30 minutes. I will do up to 2 hours if I have the time, or do long hikes on weekends if possible (though lately school has completely prevented this: no free time).

I have 16 friends but only about 5 (sometimes 6) of them are active on the site. I could use a little more support - I'd like this to be more of a community for me :).

Be my friend?
Thanks for your time,
Ramana

Replies

• jesseg1989
    jesseg1989 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. I'm not really that interesting though lol, but your post kind of reminds me of how I would always end up when trying to lose weight.. Something would always knock me on my butt and I would lose motivation and just give up. Then I would gain the majority if not all of my weight back. Thats annoying when that happens. When something gets in your way you just have to say "NOPE!" and push through it. I'm 23 btw.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add!
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add. I'm a freshman over in Illinois looking to lose weight from high school put on by laziness and my part time job. Just make sure you actually take a rest day or it could lead to injury and I will say I told you so.
  • wildflower1977
    wildflower1977 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi !
    I have no friends yet, and I would love some:) Just started yesterday!
  • westfield1990
    westfield1990 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi fairly new on here too, looking for friends to motivate me to keep using the app, I tend to find myself being good till I lose the weight then stopped using again and putting it back on. I need some friends to keep me in line, so please feel free to add me.
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    That's great! UTSA senior right here studying a BS in Mathematics plus I work full time. I'd kill to be your current weight but definitely understand why you want ot go down further. I'm 5'7 and want to be around 150. For you, being a waitress definitely helps! Welcome back all that matters is that you're back :) Feel free to add me.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hey!

You can add me. I'm no longer in college, but I just graduated and I will be going back to school as a medical student.
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing the right thing and seem to have a great attitude about it! Feel free to add me, I have recently begun being more active on this site (beyond the food tracker) and am also looking for more friends. Positive attitudes always welcome!
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of the AOL days LMAO
  • towardthesunshine
    Options
    I'll send a request your way! I'm a college student too... so I understand the stress :) congrats on wanting to make the change!
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You can send me a request if you want :) I am a 21 year old college student. In the same boat as you. I have been here a little over a year. Everytime I get stressed out with tests or something else I stop without even really thinking about it. But I am determined to reach my goal!
  • aliciamorgan21
    Options
    Feel Free to add me. I just rejoined the group as well and am already seeing some success. I love the gym but I also do workout video. Jillian Michaels is my FAVorite. :)
  • rmarshalla
    rmarshalla Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of the AOL days LMAO

hahahha that's exactly what I thought of when I wrote it! Geez that was ages ago :P.

I just didn't know what to put in the topic line! And I hate it when I can't tell what a post is about from it's title. Drives me nuts.