New to the site.

I'm new to the site, and just wanted to say hello to everyone. I joined to drop some lbs and get back in shape.

Replies

• buxyblue
    buxyblue Posts: 11
    Hi there! You will find that this website will really help you realize where your eating habits are sabotaging you. If you are looking for more support feel free to message me, I belong to a great support group and we really help each other along our journey. Good luck!
  • skinnyaline
    skinnyaline Posts: 3 Member
    I just joined Wednesday and I've been trying to just log what I eat without restricting myself to see where my problem is. I am about 20 lbs over what I want to be, but I am very active (swim, cycle, dance and run), and I eat healthy for the most part with the exception of a few binges here and there. But I am always 20 to 25 lbs over. So I discovered that I snack WAY too much! And on the weekends I drink and go out to eat. This site is great to make you accountable and to show you that if you are overweight is for a simple reason: eating more than what you burn! I kept blaming my metabolism, or my genes (my mom is overweight), but on this site it is easy to see that the blame is on me. So, I am preparing myself mentallu to eally start restricting the amount of calories and drop these annoying 20 (or if I feel wild enough, maybe even 25) pounds that I have been carrying around forever!
  • alwalker01
    alwalker01 Posts: 7 Member
    Hello and Welcome...great success to you!!!:smile:
  • quiltngrandma45
    quiltngrandma45 Posts: 16 Member
    I am new here too , I started Monday it was my first day. Dieting here sure is different then on weight watchers I feel like I am cheeting all the time. I have gone over my alotment a few times and I hope to start doing better as I go along. The weather here has been cold so have not been able to walk outside so going to WalMart to walk and see if it helps. I am at 1200 cal. a day and somedays it seems a lot and others not enough. I am 67 so some morning I might sleep in and I don't get breakfast at the right time and some days no lunch at all if I am busy. I have not seen anybody my age here surley there are more older people trying to lose weight? :happy: