New to the site.

Options
I'm new to the site, and just wanted to say hello to everyone. I joined to drop some lbs and get back in shape.

Replies

• buxyblue
    buxyblue Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi there! You will find that this website will really help you realize where your eating habits are sabotaging you. If you are looking for more support feel free to message me, I belong to a great support group and we really help each other along our journey. Good luck!
  • skinnyaline
    skinnyaline Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just joined Wednesday and I've been trying to just log what I eat without restricting myself to see where my problem is. I am about 20 lbs over what I want to be, but I am very active (swim, cycle, dance and run), and I eat healthy for the most part with the exception of a few binges here and there. But I am always 20 to 25 lbs over. So I discovered that I snack WAY too much! And on the weekends I drink and go out to eat. This site is great to make you accountable and to show you that if you are overweight is for a simple reason: eating more than what you burn! I kept blaming my metabolism, or my genes (my mom is overweight), but on this site it is easy to see that the blame is on me. So, I am preparing myself mentallu to eally start restricting the amount of calories and drop these annoying 20 (or if I feel wild enough, maybe even 25) pounds that I have been carrying around forever!
  • alwalker01
    alwalker01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome...great success to you!!!:smile:
  • quiltngrandma45
    quiltngrandma45 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am new here too , I started Monday it was my first day. Dieting here sure is different then on weight watchers I feel like I am cheeting all the time. I have gone over my alotment a few times and I hope to start doing better as I go along. The weather here has been cold so have not been able to walk outside so going to WalMart to walk and see if it helps. I am at 1200 cal. a day and somedays it seems a lot and others not enough. I am 67 so some morning I might sleep in and I don't get breakfast at the right time and some days no lunch at all if I am busy. I have not seen anybody my age here surley there are more older people trying to lose weight? :happy: