Best workout DVDs

Options
I have bought a couple myself, but will not buy anymore unless they've come recommended to me, too many disappointments! What are some of the best workout DVDs you've bought?

Replies

• ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    jillian michaels ones r effective.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Second anything by Jillian Michaels. For straight strength I like Jari Love's stuff.
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! I look over comments of ones I am intertested in on www.collagevideo.com or on Amazon and go from there. Currently like Ellen Barrett's Skinny Sculpt and will be trying a few more from her shortly. Good luck!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I love leslie sansone walking dvd's 1 to 5 miles ......slim in 6(beachbody)
  • NJCJF
    NJCJF Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Another good wes site is ... http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com. Also videofitness forum is great too. There are so many different workouts out there. and collage and total fitness have tons of work outs the video fitness site doesn't sell dvds but there is a forum and lots of reviews.
    HTH
  • sandynas
    sandynas Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper: Pure Burn Super Strength is really effective!! I've gotten better at doing the workout but never used to it, he really pushes limit!
  • tacguy
    tacguy Posts: 196
    Options
    I've done several, but P90X and P90X2 are definatley my favourites!
  • mag2906
    mag2906 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Jillian Michaels. I like her style and while I was thinking about switching to something else, I just keep buying her DVD's!

I just started:

Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (for cardio) and No More Trouble Zones (for strength).
    Those are a bit longer workouts - about 45 min each. I do them 6 times a week: 4 days strength and 2 days cardio.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Anything Jillian Michaels and Insanity.
    Very effective, very kick butt, and it's ok if you have two left feet.
  • karenyg
    karenyg Posts: 79
    Options
    Hip Hop Abs by Shaun T., the guy that did instanity! Great I love it.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm a big ChaLean Extreme fan. . .love the high-weight/Low-rep workouts. And Jillian's Body Revolution is good too. I own both. I don't think you'd be disappointed.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels all the way.
    30 Day Shred & Ripped in 30 are great if you want to follow a program and are new to working out as they are only 20 minutes per day.
    Banish Fat & Boost Metabolism I have been doing for about 3 weeks now and have had amazing results in inches and also on the scales.
    I have heard good things about Body Revolution (90 day program), No More Trouble Zones and her kickboxing DVDs but haven't tried them myself.

I also enjoyed for a month doing The Biggest Loser workout DVDs which she features in and also Bob Harper who is equally amazing but not as "drill sergeant" as Jillian.
  • clairesky3
    clairesky3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Have recently got into Jillian Michaels dvds. Really hard work but worth it. Like someone else said, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones are good work outs. Difficult at first which puts you off but becomes quite addictive once you see an improvement in ability and strength. There are full versions of the levels in 30 Day Shred and some others on youtube to look at.
  • artex1024
    artex1024 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds series. They're fun and effective without being total killers, and they're full-body workouts.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I have Jillian Michaels, 30DS, no more trouble zones, and shred it with weights, Ive done the first two so far and are awesome. I have a hip hop cardio one but I find it too complicated to follow lol
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Jillian Michaels. I like her style and while I was thinking about switching to something else, I just keep buying her DVD's!

I just started:

Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (for cardio) and No More Trouble Zones (for strength).
    Those are a bit longer workouts - about 45 min each. I do them 6 times a week: 4 days strength and 2 days cardio.

Totally this! And if you're looking for shorter workouts combining cardio and strength, go for 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30.
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    anything by jillian michaels. i recommend:

30 day shred
    ripped in 30 (all levels)
    banish fat boost metabolism (major calorie burner, all cardio with some really high intensity periods)
    no more trouble zones
    extreme shed & shred
    yoga meltdown

i've done all of them and have increased strength, endurance and overall cardiovascular fitness. jillian can get a tad bit annoying but i've learned to love her little nuances.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I love Billy Banks TaeBo.
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    anything by jillian michaels. i recommend:

30 day shred
    ripped in 30 (all levels)
    banish fat boost metabolism (major calorie burner, all cardio with some really high intensity periods)
    no more trouble zones
    extreme shed & shred
    yoga meltdown

i've done all of them and have increased strength, endurance and overall cardiovascular fitness. jillian can get a tad bit annoying but i've learned to love her little nuances.

^THIS exactly! I own them all and do them on a regular basis as well. They're great!!

I'd like to add Kickbox FastFix to the list, also by JM. It will make TaeBo seem like a joke; I own 3 TaeBo workouts on DVD...and I don't miss Billy Blanks one bit.

I also love my Zumba dvd. Wasn't much for dancing before but have gotten used to the moves and rhythm. I do it on days I'm sore or tired and want something fun and easy. Great burn too!

Plus side is a lot of this can be found on YouTube, etc. You can try it out or watch it before committing to anything.

Good luck!
  • cosplayerkyo
    cosplayerkyo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm personally very fond of P90X. It guided me to understanding variety of exercises, eating, and trying out new things (I freaking love Yoga now).