Help! Need some Major Advice! :(

Options
Okay, Well.. I am Kinda new to the weight loss world I guess. I do need to lose a good amount of weight! 80 POUNDS! I have never been this motivated in my life. My boyfriend has been really supported me so it has given me the support.. But, couple of questions..
I weigh 198 and I am 4'11
I work out about 4 times a week for an hour (Mostly Cardio)

How much Calories should I been eating? I have been doing 1260... It's SO HARD!!!
Also, this is the first week I have been on this diet.. I have slipped once.. Just went to
panda express today and ate really bad !
Can anyone give me advice on changing diets! I gave up soda (that was a HUGE deal)
Was it hard for you to change your diet?

Btw, Everyones' advice matters! I really appriciate it!!

Replies

• JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Eat more food. The plan is designed to eat back your calories that you burn off. So eat some or all of them back. If you eat more you probably wont be as tempted to go off and blow it.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    There's an app for that.
    Start off with eating 1500 Cal and make sure you are buring more Calories.
    If at 1500 you feel you are not loosing weight, then drop it to 1400. etc.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    My first two weeks were tough. Really.

I am 5'9" and I set up a realistic goal of a pound a week, which due to my age, I thought was reasonable. The system had me at around 1500 which, to me, at the time was small. All my diet starts in the past, I realized I had been doing ok, just not watching serving sizes and had been eating twice, sometimes three times that much.

Once I got in the habit of doing the 1500, it became relatively easy in that I found substitutes if I wanted more food with less calories. I did not allow myself cheat days because if I had slipped on a day that WASN'T a cheat day, I would have felt horrible and thrown it all to the wind. As I have it now, if I slip, no biggie, I just put a little more effort into my cardio the next day.

This is my story, it's not necessarily what works for everyone, but it's worked for me so far.
  • Courtbel2011
    Options
    Okay, I will boost it a little more! I feel like my body is so starved.. Than I go buy bad food :(
  • Courtbel2011
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I am printing this page out to write down advice in my journal! (:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat pretty much. I think we're not eating enough.
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Look into calculating your BMR (don't eat less than this) and your TDEE (don't eat above this)!!