Anyone gone to the Medical Weight loss Clinic?

Options
I started to go to the medical weight loss clinic last week. I was doing well this summer, but I stalled in October, and now I've gained back about 8 lbs, give or take some water weight. I decided it was time for a kick start, so I went to the Medical Weight loss clinic.

Has anyone had success with it?

Replies

• frogpajamas76
    Options
    I Just started last week as well. I am on the rx program and have lost a total of 4.5 lbs including the cleanse. How do you like the food so far? I was doing keto, and this is so different. I miss cheese and nuts! Looks like you've come quite far. I hope this works to stop the gain. I have about 25lb more to go.
    Cheers!
  • iheartpolkadots
    Options
    I did it last year and lost 30 pounds in about 6 months, then i stopped and gained 25 back in 2 months. Overall, i think you need to make weight loss a lifestyle, and eating protein supplements everyday for the rest of your life does not seem like a lifestyle to me. I also felt like the program cost WAY to much, i easily paid a couple of thousand of dollars on the food, supplements, etc all to just gain it back when i stopped.
  • emilym_3
    Options
    Well, my program doesn't have a diet to follow, just lots of protein and between 1200-1400 calories. I get a shot of vitamins and fat burner every week. I am concerned that i will gain back what i lose once i stop. I was doing well by myself in the summer, but the fall and winter is kicking my butt, i think i will just do it until i can kick start some more fat loss again and then see how it goes
  • Nightingale229
    Nightingale229 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Both my mother (64) and myself (45) went through the MWLC program together. We started in July 2011 and lost 115 and 108 lbs, respectively, in 12 months. We continue to go to the Ann Arbor clinic once a week for encouragement and support as part of their maintenance program. I highly recommend it!