Help finding decent tasting protein powder.

Options
So my husband and I have tried several different kinds of protein powders now. They are all pretty gross. Even trying to put them in a smoothie is still almost unbearable. I am looking for decent tasting whey isolate protein powder that also does not have a lot of fillers (sugars and other processed garbage in it). Anybody have some that they are a fan of?!?
Any information would be helpful!
Thank you.

Replies

• xdieselx
    xdieselx Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love the cookies & cream Body Forteress whey protein powder from Walmart. Its cheap (19$ for 2lbs) but its good mixed in with milk and frozen berries in my protein shakes.

It has 25g of protein per scoop and only 1 gram of sugar.
  • djfriedman81
    Options
    love gnc wheybolic extreme 60 chocolate...mixed with water tastes like yoohoo
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I love Designer Whey Vanilla Almond. And remember, Peanut Butter makes almost anything bearable :)
  • turboturtlepower
    Options
    I like EAS Myoplex premade shakes. 42g of protein, 300 cals, and 1g of sugar per 17oz. container. IMO, you're taking protein to supplement not as a treat. I'd just choke it down and deal with it. I haven't found a powder or premixed whey product that didn't at least taste like it a little bit.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I use nothing but Jay Robb. The chocolate is very tasty.
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    And designer whey is only 100 calories a scoop. (1/3 cup)
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I love Designer Whey Vanilla Almond. And remember, Peanut Butter makes almost anything bearable :)

I love the Designer Whey Gourmet Chocolate! Yum! I mix a scoop with 4 ounces of fat free milk and have a delicious treat for 140 calories and 22 grams of protein.
  • Juliet_622
    Juliet_622 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Labrada Lean Body - I mix it with milk so the calorie count is a little higher, but it has 51g of protein, and tastes like chocolate ice cream. Well melted chocolate ice cream. I've heard the vanilla flavour is really good too, but I can't personally vouch for it.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I love the cookies & cream Body Forteress whey protein powder from Walmart. Its cheap (19$ for 2lbs) but its good mixed in with milk and frozen berries in my protein shakes.

It has 25g of protein per scoop and only 1 gram of sugar.

I agree. In fact, I use Body Fortress ones a lot- chocolate, chocolate PB, and vanilla as well as cookies n cream. I usually make a shake with part skim milk and part water- it's really good that way. With pure water it's just so-so. Also the vanilla can be made into a smoothy with fruit (mango is particularly delicious). Either one can be mixed with plain yogurt and served with or without fruit. (Chocolate or chocolate PB is great with a small banana cut up into it, and vanilla with yogurt goes with almost any fruit).
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Try putting other yummy stuff in the smoothie.

My personal fave recipes are:
    Iso burst chocolate whey powder
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    1/4 cup skim milk
    1/4 cup skim greek yogurt
    lots of ice

Iso burst chocolate whey powder
    1/4 cup skim milk
    1/4 cup skim greek yogurt
    1/2 cup frozen strawberries and bananas
    lots of ice
  • Vogue126
    Vogue126 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    EAS Lean 15. It's a fairly new one, so you might not have seen it yet. It has 100 calories for two scoops that give you 15 grams of protein. I love the vanilla, but I know they have chocolate and I think I've seen mocha. I get it at Target for $19.99 and you usually get a $2.00 off coupon for the next one at the register. EAS has a coupon on their website for it, too. Hope that helps!
  • Achilleez
    Options
    Muscle Pharm Combat comes in a variety of good flavors. I've tried most powders and I'll never switch to another after trying MP Combat. I just don't recommend the S'mores...not very good at all, although Orange Creamsicle/ Chocolate/ Vanilla/ Banana (best banana I've ever tried honestly!) are all very good and I recommend it. It is not a whey isolate, though it is a blend that contains whey isolate. I use it as a meal replacement since I don't buy into that post workout bro-science :)
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Dynamize.

Absolutely delicious.

www.bodybuilding.com/store
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'd love to know why do people actually drink this stuff, I dislike drinks like that myself but I just wondered why would you use it, I'm not slating people for using it just always wondered what it was for
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    strange as this may sound--but I prefer unflavored whey-based protein powders. They impart little flavor to whatever you adding it to. Jarrow is the brand I am currently using.:drinker:
  • The1iceQueen
    Options
    I've tried lots of different protein powders and I found one that mixes well, tastes so delicious, and only has 2 carbs per scoop, 110 calories and uses peanut flour among other healthy ingredients, and stevia for the sweetener. Met-Rx 100% Ultramyosyn Whey Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup. I even use it for making my own peanut butter cups. I absolutely love this stuff, so glad I found it.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I'd love to know why do people actually drink this stuff, I dislike drinks like that myself but I just wondered why would you use it, I'm not slating people for using it just always wondered what it was for

I drink them for recovery after a hard workout. I can do a two hour pole dance class, drink a shake on the way home, and not be sore the next day!
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I've tried several and I'm sticking with two:

Optimum Nutrition - Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein - Extreme Milk Chocolate (120 calories 2g fat, 3g carb, 24g protein) for snack, complement with meal, or post-workout.

Xtreme Formulations - Ultra Peptide Triple Chocolate (173 calories 5g fat, 9g carb, 18 g protein) for late evening snack.
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    if you dislike the taste you can buy unflavoured whey protein. It has a taste obviously but its unnoticeable when mixed in with pretty much anything.
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options

I love the Designer Whey Gourmet Chocolate! Yum! I mix a scoop with 4 ounces of fat free milk and have a delicious treat for 140 calories and 22 grams of protein.
    Thanks always wondered its a shame I gag when I drink shakes smoothies etc cos I could do with something like that after a big training session