Getting Back on the Wagon

Options
I'm "crashing and burning" this week - just eating like there won't be any food left in the world by tomorrow. I could use some suggestions and encouragement to help me get back on the wagon.

Replies

• LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    Dont Beat Yourself Up Over a few bad days. Promise yourself youll do better tomorrow or even at the next meal. I have to remember these words all the time. It helps me work though my slip-ups. Your Worth It.
    FIll your house with good food so that when your over eating your over eating healthy things. I freeze my sugar free chocolate so I have to really want it and think about it before I get to eat it. I also bought Mini Protein Bars in Chocolate. Can you tell its my weakness.

*** -50 lbs and counting ****
  • GinJon
    GinJon Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm "crashing and burning" this week - just eating like there won't be any food left in the world by tomorrow. I could use some suggestions and encouragement to help me get back on the wagon.
    Sorry to hear you are having a bad week......but am happy to realize I am not the only one out there that this is happening to. We can get back on the wagon......maybe we just need to slow the wagon down so we can get back on. :laugh:
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    You need to re-focus yourself and remember why you started watching your food intake in the first place. I've been at this since last July and I still have set backs and periods of binge eating when I just cannot stop eating (It's usually when I'm stressed, I comfort eat)

Remember how crappy you felt when you were feeling at your worst figure wise, and how much you wanted to change things. Do you want to go back to feeling like that? No, you do not!!! You are not failing, you only fail when you stop trying. You are a total winner if you just consider it a bump in the road and get back to calorie counting. Good luck x
  • mlbbarnes
    mlbbarnes Posts: 12
    Options

Do you give yourself a cheat meal? If you really think you can stay disciplined and only keep it to 1 meal or 1 day then I would highly suggest it. It gives you motivation to keep on track with your diet and something to look forward to. I used to have a cheat day but the food I used to eat started making me feel sick so I now have a cheat meal once every two weeks where I can eat what ever I want.
  • JustAGemini
    JustAGemini Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I agree with the cheat day/meal idea, it always gives me something to look forward too and "earn"...
    I also bargain with myself when i want to eat something I shouldn't..
    like... ok you can have dessert, but you have to work off the calories first.... then I dont feel as guilty when I give in to a craving...

I also try to make the best choice I can when I do mess up, frozen yogurt instead of ben and jerry's... or a snack size snickers instead of a whole candy bar... a burger with no cheese/mayo and only eat half the bun...
    Little changes add up and still make a difference!

So even if you do fall off the wagon, you can maybe not fall as hard! :)

Good Luck and I'm rooting for you!!!!
    Melissa
  • bluefrog_2001
    bluefrog_2001 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are having a bad week......but am happy to realize I am not the only one out there that this is happening to. We can get back on the wagon......maybe we just need to slow the wagon down so we can get back on. :laugh:

I will throw down the nail strip so the tires on the wagon will all blow out...:wink:

I did that a couple weeks ago, but I am back on track now. Just put this week behind you and focus on the now. Take it one day at a time and you can do this! Feel free to add me as friend :flowerforyou: