Cancer AND Baby Weight...Gone!

Options
Tomorrow is the first anniversary of my final round (of 18!) of chemotherapy for breast cancer.

Not only am I now alive and healthy, but I'm also fit and -- dare I say? -- thin. I wore a strapless dress to a wedding this weekend to proudly display my healthy head of hair, peeking-out collar bones, and toned arms. (Sorry, no pix. Stupid of me.)

From June 4 last year, I'm down 34 pounds, having lost all my chemo weight AND my 10-pounds of baby weight. I'm back to my wedding weight, and it's still coming off, especially now that I've relaxed my mental attitude.

I have this amazing site to thank, and all the good ideas, answers and friends here.

You are all wonderful, and MFP is great!

Replies

• cbullock115
    cbullock115 Posts: 110
    Options
    That is tremendous!!!!! I am so happy for you as well as your family because I am sure they are just as proud as we are here on MFP!! Good for you for continuing to push through the hard times. And, shame on you for not taking pictures:laugh:
  • FocusPlease
    FocusPlease Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congratulations! Soooo happy for you!
  • flwyland
    flwyland Posts: 142
    Options
    Kudos for not only being a survivor, but for taking it one step further to make yourself more healthy than ever before. :flowerforyou:
  • onyxlibra7
    onyxlibra7 Posts: 93
    Options
    I am SOOOO HAPPY for you! Thank God all is well and keep it up! =D
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What an amazing accomplishment!
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!

Ditto!!!
  • mell23
    mell23 Posts: 6
    Options
    CONGRATES!!!!!! you must feel amazing and are amazing !!!:flowerforyou:
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    That is absolutely fantastic!!!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is fantastic!! Congrats on getting yourself in better shape! That chemo weight will get you. My mom went through it too. And congrats on being 1 year from your final chemo treatment. You are a pink warrior! :flowerforyou:
  • shagybear33
    shagybear33 Posts: 272
    Options
    Congratulations!!

Very inspiring!! You just brightened my day! I love hearing good news!! :D
  • kimandal99
    kimandal99 Posts: 52
    Options
    Congrats on your health! You are inspiration!
  • gecallo
    gecallo Posts: 135
    Options
    That is AWESOME with awesome sauce on top!!
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your happy story and CONGRATULATIONS!
  • SherryJ
    SherryJ Posts: 10
    Options
    Congrats on a job well done! You are a survivor and that is awesome, but to add weight loss and better healthy to the mix is absolutely phenomenal! You are such an inspiration! Keep up the good work! :happy:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Allison! :flowerforyou: I am so proud of you you!! :smile: Keep up the goddo work! And may God continue to bless your efforts!!
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    How awesome! I am so happy to hear you are doing so well!
  • Joscelle
    Joscelle Posts: 93
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome news.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Praise the Lord!!! That is such a blessing. Keep up the great work! What an example you are to your children and everyone around you.
  • mommalass
    mommalass Posts: 9
    Options
    im so happy that youre cancer free.<3 my mom had breast cancer when i was fourteen.
    shes been in remission for 6 years, this august. im glad you lost weight, but im more excited that youre cancer free.

congrats on the weight loss also!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!