Needing to lose ALOT, would love friends

Options
Hi, My name is Pam and I am in need of losing a lot of weight 100+. Its funny people dont believe how much I weigh when they look at me, but I know I can feel it. Im married and feel like my husband is not on the same level as me. I am tired of being overweight. I need to do this for me. I lost 40 pounds last year but I quit smoking and well Im back up the 40 pounds.. boy do I feel it on my back and joints... Im only 39, I should not have this problem.. I like to look at the positive things in life and just out looking for others that have lost or losing to keep me motivated.. Please feel free to add me as a friend and I would love to hear about your journey and changes in life. Thanks :) and stay motivated!!!

Replies

• kyleesartwell
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey! Will add you right now!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the request Pam! I, too, have over 100 pounds to lose on this journey (now I'm around 90 but I started at 118.6). We can do this!! I'll be here for you whenever you need me!
  • christylindquist
    christylindquist Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Even my husband can't believe the number on the scale when I step on it. It will be a long road but we are here for you to help you along the way! I still have about 100 to lose and it seems slow but I sure feel better! I couldn't have lost the first 15 without MFPs! Welcome!
  • kerrilynne2
    Options
    Hi Pam I would enjoy being your friend and like you I gained a lot of weight when I gave up smoking 13 months ago. I go to the gym five days a week and do pilates, cardio kick boxing and zumba. Please write back if you would like and we can chat and we can compare our weight loss journey.

Have a great day,

Kerriynne
  • ScorpioSista
    Options
    Hi Pam, my name's Mary. I can relate - I quit smoking about 4 years ago and gained weight too. I had lost 15 pounds when I Last did fitness pal but gained it all back because I stopped tracking. It really works when you stick with it. Even tho I am not 100% tracking, it's a start because I'm seeing again why I've gained it back and how easy calories add up and just how much more I am eating. Mindless eating gets us in big trouble. I found myself feeling depressed and not motivated to exercise, but trying to do some exercise even if its 10 minutes a day will help to get you on the road to exercise more. I couldnt get myself to workout fr months and I hit rock bottom and I want o feel good again, confident and not tired all the time. I also started taking 5HTP, serotonin supplements that really improved my mood and gt ome energy back, I saw it on dr. Oz. Drink lots of water, it will help tremendously. I hope this helps a bit. Hang in there! Mart
  • philch4v13
    philch4v13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Pam I have started with 105 lbs to lose i'm down 15 so still a long way to go I will send you a request
  • pammmyjo
    pammmyjo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I cant wait to keep in touch. Im happy for everyone and we can do this. :)
  • pammmyjo
    Options
    Hi Pam, my name's Mary. I can relate - I quit smoking about 4 years ago and gained weight too. I had lost 15 pounds when I Last did fitness pal but gained it all back because I stopped tracking. It really works when you stick with it. Even tho I am not 100% tracking, it's a start because I'm seeing again why I've gained it back and how easy calories add up and just how much more I am eating. Mindless eating gets us in big trouble. I found myself feeling depressed and not motivated to exercise, but trying to do some exercise even if its 10 minutes a day will help to get you on the road to exercise more. I couldnt get myself to workout fr months and I hit rock bottom and I want o feel good again, confident and not tired all the time. I also started taking 5HTP, serotonin supplements that really improved my mood and gt ome energy back, I saw it on dr. Oz. Drink lots of water, it will help tremendously. I hope this helps a bit. Hang in there! Mart
    Thanks, any little bit helps :) Glad you got ahold of me
  • pammmyjo
    Options
    Hi Pam I would enjoy being your friend and like you I gained a lot of weight when I gave up smoking 13 months ago. I go to the gym five days a week and do pilates, cardio kick boxing and zumba. Please write back if you would like and we can chat and we can compare our weight loss journey.

Have a great day,

Kerriynne

THanks for the add... I am slowly getting back into everything. I am starting Tae Kwon Do next week.. I am also am going to try to start doing more water excerise until I get more weight off. I really appreciate your response.
  • pammmyjo
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Even my husband can't believe the number on the scale when I step on it. It will be a long road but we are here for you to help you along the way! I still have about 100 to lose and it seems slow but I sure feel better! I couldn't have lost the first 15 without MFPs! Welcome!

Thank you for the add, I am really glad to hear that someone else is out there with the same problem. I cant wait to see and hear about your journey.
  • pammmyjo
    Options
    Thanks for the request Pam! I, too, have over 100 pounds to lose on this journey (now I'm around 90 but I started at 118.6). We can do this!! I'll be here for you whenever you need me!

Thank you for the add.. I am ready to hear about your journey. I appreciate to have people in the same boat and learning their ways.
  • pammmyjo
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey! Will add you right now!

Really appreciate your add, thanks for doing it.. I am excited to get this journey going and knowing about yours too. :)
  • Marcellus_08
    Options
    Hi!!

I'm going to be 24 and I have around 100+ lbs to lose also. I'm always looking for support from people who need to lose the same or around the same amount. Good luck to you:):)
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started out on here needing to lose 160 pounds. I have lost 74 so far. I have a long way to go still so I will be here for a long time to come. Feel free to add me :)
  • RiotxRiot
    RiotxRiot Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi Pam! Don't worry, when I quit smoking and taking Dexedrine I rapidly gained 20 pounds. (It only took 3 months) It really sucks but it happens. If you can put it on then you can take it off :)