kettlebells

Options
Wow!!! Just did a super intense, yet easy to understand workout using a kettlebell. Most definately my new favorite workout too. The workout I did was only about 7 min long and my body was exhuasted, yet I feel very energized. My whole body feels worked out, especially my arms after throwing around a 10lb weight. Love it!

Replies

• LawBug17
    LawBug17 Posts: 26
    Options
    where did you get the work out from? i'm looking to start doing kettlebells. i read in Shape magazine this month that a person doing a kettlebell workout can burn 20 calories a minute!
  • bergebl03
    bergebl03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I got the workout from walmart. It's by Danskin now, its about $20 and it comes with a DVD that has 3 seperate workouts, I could only get through one because it was so intesne
  • LawBug17
    LawBug17 Posts: 26
    Options
    is 10 lb a good starting weight for kettlebell, i have no idea where to begin!
  • bergebl03
    Options
    um im not really sure, thats just the one i got, i work with it alright, i mean it takes getting used to because your throwing it over your head a lot, but its not too bad, id say its a good start :)
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I've been interested in trying kettlebell too - thanks for the info!
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Oh yes I love the kettlebell! It's definitely a whole body workout! I'm trying to incorporate it 3 times a week for now but soon I'll be starting up P90X so not sure how that will fit in. I use a 10lb one too. I don't want to throw my back out and overdo it with a 20 lb one.
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    I've got to try this!!
  • Clew
    Options
    um im not really sure, thats just the one i got, i work with it alright, i mean it takes getting used to because your throwing it over your head a lot, but its not too bad, id say its a good start :)

Eep - I'm kind of tall - I'm not going to tear a hole in the ceiling doing these workouts, am I? :embarassed:
  • bergebl03
    Options
    lol you shouldnt, just keep a good grip on the weight and you should be alright, i have to worry about hitting a low ceiling fan lol, but did alright
  • Clew
    Options
    Hee hee - good to know. THANKS!
  • MyKidzMom
    MyKidzMom Posts: 97
    Options
    I have been wondering about these myself.....also I am in the same boat as you boaterbunny....tall and worried about the ceiling...lol.
    I found this website and it has tons of info for kettlebells.
    http://www.kettlebelltraining.net/
  • krv124
    krv124 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi there.. so excited to start. I got the target set and am not thrilled with the workout, so I'll be heading to walmart. How do you log the kettlebell workout?? Thanks!
  • karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    Options
    I will have to check these out..I've put this in my cart at Walmart about 100 times..but I've always taken it back out..but it does sound interesting..I'll get it the next time I go.