Insanity and feeling really lost :(

Hey all,

So im day 26 out of 63 in the Insanity Program. Im feeling I dont know... Discouraged?? Ya, we will call it discouraged.

I feel like I have been doing so much but seeing little to almost no progress. I re-measured this morning and a week ago I was at about 2 inch loss all over my body but its back up. Im assuming thats because Its uh.... that time... of the month. Sorry for the TMI. but Im just so discouraged that it sucks alot.

On top of doing insanity on Mondays and Wednesdays I participate in a Boot Camp at the local gym. So twice a week I am doing two a days. Some times the girls I go with dont want to go to boot camp (our instructor is horrible... EXTREMELY UNMOTIVATIONAL) we skip class and go to a Vinyasa Yoga class instead.

ON top of doing Insanity and twice a week two a days... I go for about a 30 min run/walk with my girl friend once a week.(who I am helping training her to be able to run a half Marathon) (Iv ran one before, but she hasn't. We are running a disney half in November)

SO, am I not seeing any sort of results because im being to picky? Am i not eating enough? Or am I just really not patient.. ;)

Im currently eating approx 1400ish Calories a day. I just bumped this up from eating 1350.

Im not a big girl either,

Im 5'1 and weighing in at 124. Im not huge... im called tiny all the time. But I would really like this pouch to disappear. That would be really nice.

Any advise??

Thank you!! Sorry I went on a rant, and probably sound really whiny. (Its probably because I am ;) )

Replies

• GoffGirl1029
    GoffGirl1029 Posts: 93 Member
    I can't see your food diary, so I can't really comment as to specific eating habits, but I have been trying to eat relatively clean since I started insanity and in two weeks I have already started seeing results. I am also doing C25K. Changing my eating habits has definitely been key. :smile: Opening up your diary might help those more experienced on the diet end of things give you better advice and insight.
  • luv2run10
    luv2run10 Posts: 15
    There ya go, I changed the settings. Thank you.
  • GoffGirl1029
    I just went back a couple days, and I am by NO means an expert on this food situation as I am just getting my own eating habits under control, but your diary doesn't look bad. Not to me anyways. Are you drinking plenty of water?
  • GoffGirl1029
    Bump so maybe you can get a good response :smile: at any rate, don't give up!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    My guess is it's got a lot to do with that TMI bit you mentioned earlier. That being said I would lose the boot camp. The Insanity schedule doesn't leave you any room to add in additional workouts of any kind without denying your muscles sufficient rest so adding in anything additional is counterproductive. That's the downside to all these 5/6 day a week scheduled fitness regimens. You're supposed to follow the schedule to the letter. Nothing less, nothing more. There's no room for modification.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    how many calories does the calculation in the Elite nutrion guide say to eat?

is it possible you are over or under estimating your calorie intake?
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Did you take pictures on day 1? if you did take a picture now and compair them. I also have read that you do not see great improvement in the first month - endurance you do body you don't but in month 2 which is Max month (Or as I call it hell in video form) is where you are supposed to see the most progress (I cannot confirm this though as i am only finishing week 1 of month 2 today.)

I am a huge person for pictures - measurments are tricky if you don't get the same spot you get a totally different number but a picture doesn't lie.

I am not proud of these pictures (I have a lot of weight to lose yet) But here are my month 1 progress pics.

image1.jpg?w=222

I personally don't see a lot of a change in my own pics but others say they see some. I do know my endurance has gotten better. Stick with it, don't give up.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    What are your macros? You should be eating about 40C/40P/20F.

I ran your numbers and you should be eating about 1700 calories (no exercise calories) per day if you are this active, yes, even at your height and weight, and yes, these numbers will result in weight loss.

Up your calories. If you are doing Insanity daily you should see results quickly.
  • Hey I just made it to day 38 and all I can say is don't be discouraged. I agree to ditch bootcamp. Insanity is demanding enough as it is. I actually gained weight during my first month and didn't lose very many inches as well. But I can see a composition change in my body. The second month of insanity is where most people say they see significant results. once you do the first days workout of the second month you will realize why. My recomendation is to stick with it. and also dont take the recovery week easy. still work yourself good cause you will need it for month 2.
  • cathiaflock
    cathiaflock Posts: 112 Member
    Are you using a food scale to measure your food? Most people that don't- think they are doing portion sizes and they find out they are really off. Best of luck to you !
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    It doesn't look like you are following the Insanity Nutrition Plan. It uses the Harris Benedict method to determine how many calories you should be eating, then you can use a 500 calorie deficit if you want to lose 1 lb a week (I don't recommend a bigger deficit than that). I'm 31, 5'1.5" and 130 lbs and my daily calories are 2,300, so I eat 1,800 since I'm trying to lose some fat. Insanity is designed to be done on its own and doesn't need to be supplemented with other workouts. As far as your food diary goes, your sodium seems incredibly high, your calories are probably too low and your protein is super low for this program. I have also heard that the best results come in the last 30 days. I'm getting ready to start week 2 but I have just finished up 2 rounds of P90X. Feel free to add me or check out my diary for ideas.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Maybe your doing too much for your body??? Boot camp and insanity sound like alot to me?
  • luv2run10
    Well Thankfully Bootcamp is actually over now :) So it will be solely focused on Insanity and 1 short run on the weekend. No I havent used the benedict formula.. Perhaps Ill look into it again. I just find thats SO MUCH FOOD. but I guess its also a learning process to.. for me and my body. I guess I have it in my head that the more I eat.. im doing the complete opposite of what I want my body to do. But I know thats not how it works. I appreciate everyones support.
  • luv2run10
    Also, I thought Id mention I changed my Macro's to 40c-40p-20f also changed my Calorie Intake to 1600 Calories. I hope this works. Man this whole thing is tough... and Its all really taking a toll on me mentally..
  • No_Finish_Line
    you have to let go of what you think you know and trust it the program.

seemed like a lot to me too at first... but i knew i was eating less then i should be and now i was going to be doing a lot more... so i just trusted it and never looked back and i'm glad i did.
  • luv2run10
    I tried weighing my self again today.. im up 1.5 pounds. Its crazy... and I havent gone down in any inches. I dont feel like im getting chunky or anything. I actually do feel like my t-shirts are not hanging on to my pouch as much haha. But I still am stuck, Mind blown, curious why there has not been any decrease in any numbers.

I started to use the Insanity Meal guide- Which means Ill be eating a little more and more often. I planned my meals out for the whole week already.. bought all the groceries and hoping to see some results. Im not overly worried because next monday I start month two. so hopefully eating more, means ill have more energy for month two as it seems terrifying.

I was really hoping to have a slimmer bikini body.. lol for vegas ( 17 more days <3<3<3) But what can ya do, Ill still work my butt off. Hopefully I will see some results as the weeks go by. If not, I guess I will have to integrate Insanity with my running schedule for next round.
  • luv2run10
    Did you take pictures on day 1? if you did take a picture now and compair them. I also have read that you do not see great improvement in the first month - endurance you do body you don't but in month 2 which is Max month (Or as I call it hell in video form) is where you are supposed to see the most progress (I cannot confirm this though as i am only finishing week 1 of month 2 today.)

I am a huge person for pictures - measurments are tricky if you don't get the same spot you get a totally different number but a picture doesn't lie.

I am not proud of these pictures (I have a lot of weight to lose yet) But here are my month 1 progress pics.

image1.jpg?w=222

I personally don't see a lot of a change in my own pics but others say they see some. I do know my endurance has gotten better. Stick with it, don't give up.

Girl, You look amazing!! Very proud of you. Keep it up chicky!!
  • No_Finish_Line
    perhaps more cardio is not the answer.

judging by your name, your back ground is running, aka cardio.

nothing helps induce results like change. one reason why insanity was so effective for me (i believe) was because i pretty much just lifted weights, so all that cardio was a huge change in gears for me.

you might get faster results out of p90x or body pump, something more focused on traditional resistance training.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 401 Member
    Let me tell you what happened to me. Last year I did Insanity but also workout out at the gym at least 4 times a week. I was not eating what the plan told me to eat, I was always way less. In the 60 days I only lost 6 pounds, but still felt pretty good because I was leaner and looked better in my pics.

I just started Insanity again, I'm on Week 3. This time I eat the recommended amount and only do the Insanity program. So far by the end of week 2, I was down 3 pounds. That's half the amount I lost last year when I did it the other way.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Just please dont stop. Continuing to fight when there is little to no evidence of hope is what makes you shine.