Would love friends who eat about 1400 calories

Options
2»

Replies

• aka1030
    aka1030 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is set at 1470. I usually have 3 meals and 1 snack during the day and have been doing ok with this. The days I workout I normally still net lower than 1470 (except recently when we've been going out a lot for dinners!). Feel free to add me :)
  • Blair_Waldorf
    Blair_Waldorf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    Remember MFP is your NET calories. When you set up your "Goals" you select your Activity Level and is estimates what your basic/normal day TDEE will probably be. Any activity you put in above your MFP/Normal TDEE it subtracts that number from your total calories consumed. (Whether you input it manually here or use a device that syncs. I use Body Media Fit Link)

Example Normal Day-No extra activity from what you and MFP have determined your expending daily. Normal/MFP TDEE is set at 2110 calories and calories consumed set at 1400 NET. That means if you don't eat above this and your TDEE is correct you should loose and not gain. [Theoretically at the rate estimated by MFP].

However once you start logging your activity above your normal it changes...

Example-Active Day Above Normal: So you had a busy day and you also hit the gym. Your Normal TDEE is as set by MFP is 2110 calories. But your device or MFP estimates/shows that you did 300 calories of activity. This is added to your Normal TDEE giving your a Overall TDEE of 2410 for that day. What MFP does is add 300 calories to your daily need. So it calculates that you should/could eat up to 1700 calories TOTAL and still only NET 1400.

Most people will refer to this as "eating back your exercise calories". If you are active and working out and ONLY eating 1400 TOTAL and not logging your extra calories burned you may be eating under 1000 NET Calories. Your NET calories should not be under your calculated BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) which is the minimum nutritional calories you need to do nothing more than perform basic body functions such as breathe and little to know physical movement otherwise.

I use a Body Media Fit link to track my TDEE. It automatically syncs up my burn above my MFP settings (There are some super lazy days where I don't hit my Normal MFP level and it tells me to eat that difference less than 1400). Some use a Fit Bit and some Use just a Heart Rate monitor and manually add their calories burned as displayed on the Heart Rate monitor.

It takes constant tweaking to understand and make it work for you.

My daily goal is 1490. I've been on MFP about a month and a half and am still learning how all the numbers work and how everything adds up. I have a hard time staying under my daily goal, but seeing how many calories are in everything when I log my food is really helping. I need to get one of those devices that tracks everything and syncs, they sound pretty cool.