Can't seem to stay below 300 calories.

Options
Since January I've given up all foods more than 200 calories and only drink milk or water but I still can't seem to stay below 300 calories. Any foods that are 10-50 calories but still filling.

Replies

• SergeiKay
    SergeiKay Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    sounds like suicide to me, but hey, whatever!

people who cut (on caloric deficit, that is, lol), often use leafy greens to fill up their stomachs for small amount of calories.
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    If you try to subsist on 300 calories a day, certain God-awful things are going to happen. First, your body will end up consuming muscle tissue and internal organs in order to keep you alive. Your skin will thin, your hair will fall out, you'll end up with brittle bones and heart palpitations.

It's not a good idea to try to live on that at all.
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I don't think the idea is to eat ONLY 300 calories, but just eat foods less than 300 calories, right? I mean drinking milk will make you hit 300 calories easy!
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    Not the best idea unless death is a goal.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    obvious troll is obvious
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    300 calories a portion or 300 calories a day?
  • JellyButter
    JellyButter Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Eat air.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    :huh: as in 200 calories per meal? what is your daily goal? Food=Fuel
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I ateto be your co-workers...you must be the most pissed off person at your office.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Since January I've given up all foods more than 200 calories and only drink milk or water but I still can't seem to stay below 300 calories. Any foods that are 10-50 calories but still filling.

how about?..any food you want.

cut it into pieces that are 10-50 calories each. then eat them all without guilt.

where your calories come from is largely irrelevant. all that matters is the total number each day or the weekly average.
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    there are grapes, only 19 cals per ounce. Apples 50 cals, clementines 40 cals, baby carrots 30 cals per 3 oz. Broccoli and cauliflower have about 20 cals per 3 oz serving.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Sounds like someone I know.
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Marketside - Organic Spring Mix - 4 1/2 cups is 35 calories.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    KmwngRB.gif
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Paper. That's what you want to be eating.

Full of fibre, no calories, it will do the trick perfectly.
  • sonhando
    sonhando Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a communication problem... maybe she means 300 calories per meal?
  • KellyDeitrick
    KellyDeitrick Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I understand that you are trying to focus on foods that are under 300 calories a serving. I eat Nature Valley Protein Bars, they are 190 calories each, Yoplait 100 Calorie Greek yogurt, other types of greek yogurts are under 200 calories. I eat strawberries, apples, clementines, carrots, bell peppers (green, red, yellow and orange). You just need to investigate and come up with your own arsenal. However, sometimes you just can't get under 300 calories in a meal.

I focus on my overall calories for the day. Not good to go under 1200 in a day...that will sabotage you quicker than anything else.

Hope this helps.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Is this ironic- like people who say WTG when you have mcdonalds and stay under your calories?
    Or a typo, can't stay under 3000 calories?
    Or is this a troll-ey dolly post?
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    You can eat 1 serving of PB... or 2 bananas.. Maybe not even?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    The really bad news here is that when she goes to the hospital passed out, they are going to pump more calorie than that back into her - ruining her efforts.
This discussion has been closed.