Fewer and gaining?

Options
Hey all,
I'm eating around 1,500 a day and gaining weight (visibly as well as measurably)...???
I'm 5'6" and I'm a college student who walks around 3 miles to and from my classes.
Thank you for the advice!

Replies

• nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    The most likely scenario is that you are inaccurately logging your food intake. This can happen in any number of ways. You can forget to log food or poorly measure or guess measurements or something like that.
  • anygal
    anygal Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you. I do generally use measuring spoons or prepackaged foods, though, so I'm guessing that's not a huge issue...but I'll keep an eye on it.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Check your sodium intake. That can cause water retention, thus bloating and water-weight gain.
  • anygal
    anygal Posts: 12
    Options
    Oh, and I'm on my cycle. I wonder if that's causing it. Okay, thank you! I am working at trying to fit in more cals because I know I need them, but I have some health issues that make it difficult. The weight gain was concerning me in light of those things. Thanks again!!
  • cedder1
    cedder1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Just like the previoius person said, sodium is a big part....also if you are on your cycle. I can fluxuate 3-6 pounds with these two things.