Dizzy and seeing spots

Options
MFPfriend
MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
So, all morning, I've been getting really dizzy. Now, when I get up and walk around, I'm starting to see black spots. I have felt really weak for the past few days (since it started hitting the upper 90s in temp where I live), and I've always seen black spots when I first get up in the morning, but it's different this time.
I've been up for 4 hours now, and it seems to be getting worse than when I woke up. But I'm sitting down right now, and everything is fine. I don't feel weak, dizzy, and my vision is normal.

Someone suggested my blood sugar might be low, so I'm drinking some juice right now.

But otherwise, I'm not really sure what's going on. Any suggestions?

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I would talk to your Dr soon . . . sounds like low blood sugar or dehydration . . . have your eaten decently today? My mom also has this symptom when she is dehydrated . . . how is your water intake?
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I would call my doc. What you're describing can be symptoms of many different things. Low blood sugar, low blood pressure, etc. Juice is good, now find someone to drive you to the doctor's office! (or just call them)
  • cln714
    cln714 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My Mom has had this problem in the past and she found out she had low iron. Maybe you should get your blood tested.
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    call your doctor! and have someone drive you there! I get the same thing sometimes and it is the start of a migraine headache....but still you should call your doctor!!!!
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    This happens to me sometimes, and it is due to low blood sugar. I have had (and still have) a really difficult time finding that balance between how much I should eat while exercising and how many calories I should cut to lose weight. Even if I ate all of my exercise calories back, I would still get that "weird" feeling if I was doing a really vigorous workout (like heavy lifting.)

To be on the safe side, see your doctor! Good luck and feel better soon!
  • MFPfriend
    Options
    I've been eating pretty well today. A peanut butter sandwich, cheesestick, and applesauce.
    Also, I'm almost positive it's not my iron (I donated blood all the time and my iron is always way above what they need).

It could be dehydration.... I haven't had much water today, and it's been getting really hot. I'll drink some more water and see if that helps.

If I'm not better within the next 3 hours, I'll get some help. =)

Thanks for everybody's help!
  • saraketner
    saraketner Posts: 53
    Options
    I was having similar problems and even episodes where I would actually pass out. I found out that I had extremely low iron levels. My doctor put me on over the counter iron supplements and I haven't had so much as a head rush since.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I've been eating pretty well today. A peanut butter sandwich, cheesestick, and applesauce.

Not sure what time zone you are in...but if it is 4:30 there, you probably have low blood sugar too. And where the heck are your veggies??

Edit here...I just looked at your food diary and what you have eaten for the past week or so. You are not eating fruits or veggies at all. You should be eating 5 - 10 servings a day. You may find that you are deficient in vitamins because of your diet. Get your doctor to refer you to a nutritionist
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Could you be pregnant? These are both things that happened a lot durning my pregnancies. Spots when i hadn't had enough water and dizzy from sugar levels being off, if it continues I would call your Dr.
  • MFPfriend
    Options

Not sure what time zone you are in...but if it is 4:30 there, you probably have low blood sugar too. And where the heck are your veggies??

Edit here...I just looked at your food diary and what you have eaten for the past week or so. You are not eating fruits or veggies at all. You should be eating 5 - 10 servings a day. You may find that you are deficient in vitamins because of your diet. Get your doctor to refer you to a nutritionist

Ohh, no, it's only 2:10 over here, and I got up at 9 this morning. I've been eating throughout the day. And the veggies and fruits are really hard because I don't have a say in what kind of groceries are bought.

Also, for the person who asked if I was pregnant, no, I'm not. =D Positive. =)
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    so are you feeling better?