gym routines

Options
I'm 5'7" and 127 pounds and a female. I'm an ectomorph. I'm no where near overweight or anything, but I really want to lose a few inches around my stomach, because that's where most of the fat goes on my body.

Here are my goals:
Lose a couple of inches or so
Go from skinnyfat to just tight and toned (not muscle-y or bulky)

I want to start running and going to the gym.

Here's the problem, I have no idea what to do at the gym and what order. I know how most of the machines work. Can someone please help me create a gym routine so I know what to do when I get there? I would love some tips and advice to start out my fitness journey

As of diet, I'm doing my best to keep a clean diet. But i'm not hungry a lot and I think I eat a lot less calories than I should. I've been vegetarian for four years.

Here are some pictures:
http://i49.tinypic.com/35mmwr7.png

http://i46.tinypic.com/16lxnqr.png

Replies

• tacguy
    tacguy Posts: 196
    Options
    Have you considered a home workout program, like P90X?
  • ggloriaa
    ggloriaa Posts: 26
    Options
    I've on level two of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (haven't missed a day) but I'm losing hope and don't see results. I'm also trying out TurboFire but I'd like to give the gym a try.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I HIGHLY recommend the New Rules for Lifting for Women - I got it at Amazon for less than $15. It includes workouts for 6 months, plus nutirition info and the science to back it all up. I just began week 4 and I have already lost .75" around my middle (but no weight loss)!!!
  • ggloriaa
    Options
    bump
  • slimgoody05
    slimgoody05 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I HIGHLY recommend the New Rules for Lifting for Women - I got it at Amazon for less than $15. It includes workouts for 6 months, plus nutirition info and the science to back it all up. I just began week 4 and I have already lost .75" around my middle (but no weight loss)!!!

I agree. Or do some research online. There are tons of workout programs that offers clean eating ideas and fitness routines. But most importantly, please EAT! I am a SUPER PICKY eater so sometimes I am eating the same thing but I know my body need fuel to keep up with my exercising. good luck!
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options
    You are not skinny-fat...you look quite fit and healthy. You may have a small amount of bodyfat you want to lose, but that doesn't make you "skinny-fat". I prefer a split-bodypart program, but that's a very unpopular view on MFP. (which is fine with me).... anyway, if you want something very basic and simple to get you started, you can go with NROLW, but IMO, split training gets better results.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    i think a few home workout dvds may suite you,
  • Focusonfifty
    Focusonfifty Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You are not skinny-fat...you look quite fit and healthy. You may have a small amount of bodyfat you want to lose, but that doesn't make you "skinny-fat". I prefer a split-bodypart program, but that's a very unpopular view on MFP. (which is fine with me).... anyway, if you want something very basic and simple to get you started, you can go with NROLW, but IMO, split training gets better results.

What is the split training program?
  • ggloriaa
    Options
    I definitely don't consider myself fit or toned yet haha. That's where I'm trying to get!
  • ggloriaa
    Options
    i think a few home workout dvds may suite you,

I've tried soo many! They bore me. I don't even like Turbo Fire
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Pick up a competitive sport, boxing classes, or something else interactive.
    Being bored isn't just means you aren't interested enough, that is OK because workout videos can be kind of boring.
    Maybe get a workout buddy/trainer, someone who can push you when you don't want to exercise.
    Maybe pick an event to train for (5k). I signed up for a Spartan race in August. I got a few friends to sign up with me and we are going to start more ntense training next month. But I also signed up for the FoamFest 5k just for fun.

Just find a way to stay interested.
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options

What is the split training program?

Hi :) A split training program is where you train 1-2 bodyparts at a time...such as on Monday, you'd train your chest and triceps, and Wednesday would be Legs and Shoulders, and Friday would be Back and Biceps...that is JUST an example...

you can find my workout routines here if you're interested... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/lifeisbeautiful1218/view/my-workouts-past-and-present-498479