BodyMedia Fit armbands...

Options
I just ordered my BodyMedia FIT Link armband and am SO EXCITED!! I can't wait to start using this.

Anyone have one?? Tell me how you like it :-)

Replies

• SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love mine! I have been wearing it religiously since November!!
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I just bought the CORE and the display came for free. I feel much more in control knowing all the numbers. No more guessing.
  • zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I put in a 1.5 lbs. /week goal and I've been averaging 1.6 over the last two months. It was such an eye opener to see what I was burning doing everyday things. Things I think of as inactivity (like doing laundry) register more METs for me than something like walking through a grocery store. The best part is as LoggingForLife says -- No more guessing.

I also like to look at the reports it can generate. If you have a particularly inactive day, you can make a report of the last 1, 2, 3, or 4 weeks to see how you are averaging over time. It stops me from beating myself up over a missed workout or going over on calories for one day. I can see that for the week I'm still on track.

I did find the armband irritated my skin a little for the first few days. I would shimmy it up and down a little every few hours, to give the area a break. Now, I never move it or think about it.
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I just bought one today too. I'm excited. I got the costco link, so it comes with a year of membership.
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Love mine. Totally forget that I wear it. I feel the stats are really accurate for me, too
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Absolutely adore it. I am a numbers and graphs and geek kind of girl, and it gives me what I want.
  • ladyjh578
    ladyjh578 Posts: 207
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE for the feedback. I am glad to hear you are all in love with the armband. It makes my guilt of a large purchase for myself not hurt so bad. There are so many other things I could have spent the $125 on but decided my health is something that must come first. It feels good to buy something for ME for a change. I am sure it was a great investment!!!!!
  • slimgoody05
    slimgoody05 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    For those of you who have been using BMF for a while: Do you have to wear the armband all day?
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I really love mine! You do have to pay a monthly subscription fee, but it is only $7 a month. You do not have to wear it all the time, but it is designed so you can. I wear mine all day everyday, except showers. I can hardly tell that I am wearing mine, and it doesn't move :)

Good luck to all in your fitness goals!!
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Slimgoody- I wear mine 23 hours a day as recommended. I had a bit of irritation but just shifted it a bit. The more you wear it, the more accurate it is. The summer may be different because I'm at the pool a lot with the kids but you can add the activity you were doing while it was off and it will estimate for you.
  • amiable_1
    amiable_1 Posts: 11
    Options
    I have been wearing mine religiously for almost two years and am beginning to think it is time to unsubscribe from the service. I have had three recurring negatives --

1. When I take it off and leave it in my locker while I am in the pool, it thinks I am still wearing it and am asleep. That screws up both my sleep count and my activity/calorie-burn count (off-body is entered manually).

2. It does not accurately count steps when I am using the elliptical or the stair-climber; Off by as much as 40%, usually only 15% to 20%.

3. Whenever I exceed 5 METs on the elliptical it halves the measurements for counts of steps, activity level and calories burned, all three. To be working exceptionally vigorously and have it register as only moderate exercise?!? That is completely unacceptable.

-- I have contacted Bodymedia about these problems, they tell me they are happy their product is 60% accurate, the most accurate available. If the Bodymedia software would allow me to manually correct the errors, I would keep it and not even dream of cancelling the subscription. It is too much fun tracking the data. But if the data is severely inaccurate, it is not much fun.
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    If the Bodymedia software would allow me to manually correct the errors, I would keep it and not even dream of cancelling the subscription. It is too much fun tracking the data. But if the data is severely inaccurate, it is not much fun.

This is interesting. I've read that you can manually correct data for the Fitbit One, and had assumed the same could be done for the BodyMedia Fit.

I would love to have one of these gadgets, especially one that will estimate my sleep cycle. I had originally decided on the Fitbit, because it did not require a paid subscription. But then I read that they Bodymedia was more accurate, so I was thinking of going that route. Now, I don't know what I'll do -- which means I probably won't buy any.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    You can alter the calorie count for when its off body. The site says its more than 90% accurate. Much more accurate then Fitbit.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I wear mine off and on. But after my experience(weight-gain) with it, I think it overestimates the calories I burned per day.