**waves from the back of the room** Hello!

I just joined today so wanted to say Hi! Please be kind!! And any tips for my first calorie controlled diet would be lovely!!

Nicole xx

Replies

• irchrismm
    irchrismm Posts: 95 Member
    Hi and welcome to MFP! :)
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Welcome to an awesome site Nicole ......wishing you much success in your healthy lifestyle and feel free to add me :smile:
  • alexeye11
    alexeye11 Posts: 52 Member
    Hello :) welcome, and feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • partaegurl
    partaegurl Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Nicole, best of luck on your fitness journey :)
  • Welcome!!! Feel free to add me!! :flowerforyou:
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Water, water, water!! It's good for you and a great filler to help with the the munchies. When I started I stocked up on healthy snacks that I could carry with me at all times in my purse so I wouldn't be tempted to stop and get something bad. As soon as I felt a little hungry I ate something small and it eased it. Welcome and congrats on your awesome start!!
  • Fatguy2Fitguy
    Fatguy2Fitguy Posts: 129 Member
    Hey Nicole, and welcome!

Tip 1: Honesty... If you are honest with your logging you'll find your plus points and weak points when it comes to your diet. I didn't realise how many peanuts I ate until I looked through my diet. If you cheat, the only person you're cheating is yourself!

Tip 2: Don't think diet, think change of lifestyle choice! When people think of diets most will immediately think of the denial, I can't have cake, wine, etc etc. It's okay to have cake, just not loads every day. You're better off giving in to that chocolate craving once in a while than constantly oppressing it and that really is okay, don't beat yourself up over it! I've had better results since I was less strict with what I was eating than before. I just don't overdo it.

You will find thousands of tips on MFP, but those two have served me the best. But eventually you'll find what works for you (a bit of trial and error at first I'm afraid).

There are loads of great supportive people on this site who will only be to glad to help when you need it.

Best of luck!
  • Andaisy1
    Andaisy1 Posts: 306 Member
    Hi! You can add me :smile:
  • catmanor
    catmanor Posts: 85 Member
    Hey Nicole, and welcome!

Tip 1: Honesty... If you are honest with your logging you'll find your plus points and weak points when it comes to your diet. I didn't realise how many peanuts I ate until I looked through my diet. If you cheat, the only person you're cheating is yourself!

Tip 2: Don't think diet, think change of lifestyle choice! When people think of diets most will immediately think of the denial, I can't have cake, wine, etc etc. It's okay to have cake, just not loads every day. You're better off giving in to that chocolate craving once in a while than constantly oppressing it and that really is okay, don't beat yourself up over it! I've had better results since I was less strict with what I was eating than before. I just don't overdo it.

You will find thousands of tips on MFP, but those two have served me the best. But eventually you'll find what works for you (a bit of trial and error at first I'm afraid).

There are loads of great supportive people on this site who will only be to glad to help when you need it.

Best of luck!

^^^ Two very good tips!

Hi and welcome. Feel free to add me if you like.. This site rocks!!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Welcome!!

1. Record it. Even if it's a bad day, log it, learn from it, move on.
    2. Water, water, water, water, water.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Weigh or measure everything that you eat.

Lots and lots of water. Kick the soda habit now if you have one, even the diet ones.

Dont get discouraged if you have done everything right and the scale shows a gain. Our weight fluctuates for different reasons, sodium, TOM, stress, etc.

Remember that you didnt gain it overnight and therefore you wont lose it overnight.

Be honest with your food logging. You can keep your diary private if you want. Although I prefer to leave mine open for accountability.

Check out the healthy food blogs for recipes. There are tons of them.

This is just a few of my initial thoughts.
  • Hi!! Feel free to add me!!
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Hello there! Welcome and feel free to add me! :-)
  • Hi have a great da feel free to add me :) xx
  • I LOVE the Tardis!!!
  • Always looking for like-minded peeps..anyone here is welcome to add me! Cheers!
  • Hi everyone, thank you so much for your help and kind words xx:flowerforyou: