35g of Protein for dinner....

studentRN
studentRN Posts: 440 Member
edited September 18 in Food and Nutrition
is what I need to complete my requirements today..

What shall I eat? Any ideas?

(no Beef, Pork, Fish, Eggs, or any seafood) Why, you ask? I don't like it! :grumble:

Replies

• studentRN
    is what I need to complete my requirements today..

What shall I eat? Any ideas?

(no Beef, Pork, Fish, Eggs, or any seafood) Why, you ask? I don't like it! :grumble:
  • Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
    Cottage cheese has an amazing amount of protein... add it on top of a salad and it's delicious:flowerforyou:
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Drink a protein shake. I drink one everyday after I leave the gym. the one I drink has 56 grams of protein.
  • studentRN
    Cottage cheese has an amazing amount of protein... add it on top of a salad and it's delicious:flowerforyou:

Call me picky... but I don't eat that either. LOL
  • Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165

Call me picky... but I don't eat that either. LOL

That's cool...Not for everyone
  • studentRN
    Drink a protein shake. I drink one everyday after I leave the gym. the one I drink has 56 grams of protein.

I just had one for an afternoon snack... and will have one for a bedtime snack... hoping to find a tasty recipe for dinner LOL

Thanks though! Which one do you drink that has 56g?? I drink Jay Robb's.. they are the only one's I've found that I can tolerate.
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Body fortress. I blend it with 1/2 cup of almond breeze and ice in the blender. it is soooo good. I put a couple of tablespoons of canned pumpkin in mine today.
  • studentRN
    Ooooh pumpkin! Love that! Might try that trick w/ the vanilla stuff I have and a dash of cinnamon! HELLO breakfast!

Thanks.. I'll look into the Body Fortress kind.. I think I saw it at Krogers last night.
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member

Chicken breast?

If you don't like chicken....you could try beans and rice. Separately, neither of them constitute a complete protein...but when you combine beans and rice, you get a pretty decent source of protein.

Soy/Tofu

Peanuts (high in fat and calories though).
  • studentRN
    Yea I've got plenty of chicken breast.... just kinda chickened out :laugh: this week! I'm ok w/ eating chicken I guess I need to look for some new recipes....
  • studentRN
    Shhh... I'm gonna be a little bit "bad" tonight...

Don't feel like cooking so I'm CRAVING Pei Wei.

And wouldn't you know... 1/2 a dish of Thai Dynamite and a little brown rice fits just perfectly into my calories today :love:

LOVE THIS DISH!!!! So tasty!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    my fave:

Chicken quesadillas!! yummy! 3oz chopped grilled chicken breast, 1oz shredded cheddar, some veggies of your choice (I like green and red pepper, green onion and tomato, all chopped) pile the ingredients onto one 1/2 of a large whole wheat tortilla, fold together, and pan fry until browned. cut into 4 wedges. yummy yummy. use salsa to dip, lighter than sour cream. lots of protein in there.
  • studentRN
    Yumm! This sounds good!

Thanks! :happy:
  • Funny story.

We moved from non veg to veg a few weeks ago...well...my son won't eat chicken because "That's mean to chickens."

:huh:
This discussion has been closed.