Another newbie

Options
urmymom
urmymom Posts: 27 Member
I am extremely under weight. Malnutrioned I suppose. I have injuries pain pump with meds with that depression and anxiety
It's really affecting my health and I need to fix this. Eating is very hard for me not hungry and don't think to eat
I found this app and so far it's great. But I want to do this the right way and need advice
What are the best nutritious foods that pack on the calories. What are some examples of a day a eating menu. Have been eating toast with butter, on and jelly. Double on the pb. Ensure but that's only 250 calories. Milk has 160-180 don't remember. Lol. Any advice help friends to push me to eat etc is what I really need

I have been having heart palpitations and they don't know why. Could nutrition lack of cause these problems?

I am 111 and I'm 5'7". Before many surgeries I was 135. Longer story lol

I don't know how to figure of bmi I think that's it. Or how many calories I should take in. I put I wanted to add .5 but really it's more. But that's alot of caleries per say for me.

Thanks for reading and I'd appreciate any and all help. Jackie

Replies

• urmymom
    Options
    Oh no I thought this was going in a group I joined. How do I delete this. Sorry just figuring this site out
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    ok calories comes from 3 major things.... Carbs,fat and protein.
    Easy to raise it with carbs and fat..harder with protein cause it takes more to go high calories on protein.

You need to learn to good carbs and good fat too.
    Good carbs ex: Whole wheat bread, brown rice, sweet potato etc...
    Good fat ex: Olive oil, almonds, avocado etc...

With protein you can't go wrong with : chicken,turkey,tuna,salmon,tilapia,cottage cheese,greek yogurt etc...

Try to mix a bit of all this and you'll have a great balanced day.

Don't take too much sugar (ensure have too much for my point of view)

If you like avocadoes..they contain a lot of calories.
    Have pasta .....lots of carbs....whole wheat pasta even better. You can add up calories fast here too.

Peanut butter which you're taking is good too ;) keep that.

You could also go easier...instead of Ensure.
    There's some protein powder for (mass).... they contain lots of calories,carbs and protein.
    I mean lots...like 1200 calories for a shake here.... and they can be found at walmart and pretty much everywhere.

Hope I could help.

Good luck
  • urmymom
    Options
    1200 calories in one shake???? Do you know what it's called please. Hubby is going to tomorrow. I need to be specific with him. I had some protein shake from gnc but didn't like it. I don't like avocados Wow this is going to be harder then I though Not knowing foods and all. Thank you appreciate it
  • shinkalork
    Options
    there's many type... but they are called mass gainer protein powder.
    It's mainly use to bulk but on your condition it will help a lot to gain good weight fast.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/store/category/weight-gainers.html

check this link...you'll see plenty of different one.
    Some goes from 500 to 1500 calories.

It will give you an idea ;)
  • shinkalork
    Options
    protein shakes....they don't taste always good but...........seriously......take it.
    It will help you a lot....and it's all for good :)

Still...it's not thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat bad right? :)

Take care