Your favorite recipe?

Options
Imigen04
Imigen04 Posts: 112 Member
What is one or your favorite recipes? Starting a new leaf and wanna learn what everyone else enjoys that's healthy?

Replies

• asharkin
    asharkin Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Roasted Veggies & Sausage

Potatoes, washed & diced
    Green Beans (fresh or I'm sure you could use frozen)
    Lite Ring Bologna
    Olive Oil

Put veggies on baking sheet and pour some olive oil over enough to toss & coat it and season with salt. Bake at 425 from about 30 mins. Then cut up ring bologna and put in with veggies & toss. Bake 15 more mins or until meat is heated. It's super easy yummy & not too bad for you :)
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Ingredients Convert to Metric Show Traditional

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 16.8 oz)
    1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning *
    4 sprays buttery cooking spray, or as needed
    8 oz mushrooms, sliced
    2 cup fat-free half & half **
    1/4 tsp basil
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp garlic powder
    1/8 tsp black pepper
    1 tsp flour
    8 oz linguine, cooked and drained
    2 1/2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Put the chicken and Cajun seasoning in a zip bag and toss to coat.

Spray large skillet with cooking spray; turn to medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sauté 5 to 7 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the half & half, seasonings, and sprinkle with flour. Stir and heat through.

Toss with cooked linguine. Divide between 4 plates and top with Parmesan cheese.

Nutritional Info (per serving)
    CALORIES 445 cals
    Kilojoules 1,862 kJ
    Fat 5.2 g
    Saturated Fat 2.2 g
    Cholesterol 78 mg
    Sodium 506 mg
    Carbohydrates 56.6 g
    Fiber 2.5 g
    Total Sugars 8.4 g
    Protein 41.1 g
    Calcium 186.0 mg
    Show Traditional

This is amazing! No joke my all time favorite. Creamy, filling, and spicy. YUM!
  • amata08
    amata08 Posts: 18
    Options
    My boyfriend makes these pretty amazing tuna cakes.

14 oz of tuna, drained
    1 Tablespoon Miracle Whip
    1 large egg
    Cilantro, about a cup I think.
    1/4 C Bread crumbs
    2 Jalepenos, seeded and diced real small.
    1 Tablespoon lemon juice

Mix all that into a bowl and form into little patties or cakes. Heat some olive oil up in a skillet and cook until done. We usually top ours with some Sriacha, sooo yummy!! I eat two and together they're 232 calories!

My boyfriends plate when we had this. I tend to take pictures of my food and post it on Instagram
    33kddg6.jpg

Edit: By the way, this makes about 5-6 cakes.
  • samweee
    samweee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I always make a hash out of a potato, half a white onion, a couple mushrooms, a carrot and salt & pepper. Sautee it for a few minutes, then prepare an egg sunny side up, put it on top of the hash and let the yolk break over the potato mixture. I make this all the time if I only have to feed myself. Its a great "breakfast-for-dinner" recipe.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I made a lovely lunch yesterday recipe for pinwheel pizzas from BBC Good Food. They were really good warm but they can be frozen so are perfect for lunches. I am keeping a food diary, with links to recipes, of all the things I am eating and making throughout March. As its only the 3rd there is not much on it yet but I will be updating it all month if you want to check it out... ameliasfooddiary.wordpress.com :)
  • lizibame
    lizibame Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend makes these pretty amazing tuna cakes.

14 oz of tuna, drained
    1 Tablespoon Miracle Whip
    1 large egg
    Cilantro, about a cup I think.
    1/4 C Bread crumbs
    2 Jalepenos, seeded and diced real small.
    1 Tablespoon lemon juice

Mix all that into a bowl and form into little patties or cakes. Heat some olive oil up in a skillet and cook until done. We usually top ours with some Sriacha, sooo yummy!! I eat two and together they're 232 calories!

My boyfriends plate when we had this. I tend to take pictures of my food and post it on Instagram
    33kddg6.jpg

Edit: By the way, this makes about 5-6 cakes.

This looks AMAZING!
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    BAKED PANCAKE WITH FRESH FRUIT 200 CALORIES
    tablespoons butter or margarine 2 eggs 1/2 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour 1/2 cup milk 1/4 teaspoon salt 2 cups assorted fresh berries Powdered sugar, if desired
    Heat oven to 400°F. In 9-inch glass pie plate, melt butter in oven; brush butter over bottom and side of pie plate.
    In medium bowl, beat eggs slightly with wire whisk or hand beater. Beat in flour, milk and salt just until mixed (do not overbeat). Pour into pie plate.
    Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until puffy and deep golden brown. Serve pancake immediately topped with berries. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
    Makes 4 servings
    Variation
    You can use your favorite fruit. Sliced peaches or a mixture of berries and peaches makes a tasty combo.
    Nutrition Information:

1 Serving (1 Serving)
    Calories 200
    (Calories from Fat 80),
    Total Fat 9g
    (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g,
    Trans Fat 2g),
    Cholesterol 110mg;
    Sodium 260mg;
    Total Carbohydrate 24g
    (Dietary Fiber 2g,
    Sugars 7g),