Sugar from fruit

Options
Should I worry if I am over my limit for sugar every day because I eat a lot of fruit? I eat kiwi's, apples, oranges mainly.

Replies

• Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    If you were getting that sugar from desserts and candies I would say yes, that's a problem. But since you are eating fruit and getting the fiber along with the sugar I would be less concerned about it and more concerned about total Calories.
  • Loulousq
    Loulousq Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. Some days I will have an apple AND a banana (both organic) which is about 14g of sugar each! That is def better than what Hadabetter mentioned about sweets. I hate going over my sugar limit and love Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure. There are other fruits with less sugar
    Blueberries
    cranberries
    raspberries
    rhubarb
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Unless you are diabetic then I wouldn't worry about the sugar in fruit that much. Just keep an eye on your calories and be aware that some fruits have a lot of carbs.
  • henriettevanittersum
    henriettevanittersum Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, that makes me feel better! I would have a hard time giving up fruit, but I will incorporate more veggies as snacks.
  • XRavenhood
    XRavenhood Posts: 102
    Options
    It's much better to intake sugar from raw fruits than baked sweets, though you still need to eat them in moderation. But seeing as you're eating apples, kiwis and whatnot, that's better if you're trying to watch your sugar intake - Fruits like bananas, mangos, raisins and dates have a huge amount of sugar compared to other fruit.
  • valleymum
    valleymum Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    some apples have a ridiculous amount of sugar, esp granny smiths. i eat galas, they r a bit lower
  • Kiercat
    Kiercat Posts: 2
    Options
    Has anyone used sucanate? Is it a good option? thanks!