It's late, can I eat more?

Options
Well I have been really busy today and forgot my snacks when I ran out of the house so I haven't eaten enough. I just got home a few minutes ago and I'm hungry. It's 10Pm and I will probably go to bed at 11 or 12. I have only had 813 calories today.

Can I eat or should I wait till tomorrow? Is eating so close to bed bad?

Replies

• 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry you need to eat.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry you need to eat.
  • babyangelica2010
    babyangelica2010 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Eat, it doesn't matter when you eat, although you probably shouldn't stuff yourself then go to bed.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Its not bad to eat before bed!! Just have a really late breakfast.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I would just grab a snack it will help you sleep better anyways
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Eat. I generally eat right up until bedtime. If it doesn't hurt your ability to sleep there's no reason not to.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't hurt your ability to sleep there's no reason not to.

^^^ that.
  • bobfish64
    Options
    on the rare occasion I forget to eat my snacks, or need to have a late dinner, EAT. Generally 7-7 is a good rule, nothing after 7pm, but man I get hungry sometimes ya know! Enjoy!
  • eaglewind
    eaglewind Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Eat, although I'd steer more towards lean protein like yogurt than carb heavy choices.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Eat, doesn't matter when.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I agree you should eat, but I would keep it to a snack versus a big meal.
  • luvmysweet2th
    Options
    If your hungry eat. Try to stay within your calorie limit. I'm snacking too . Frozen fruit, healthier than icecream.
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'd always heard that it's bad to eat right before bed, because " the food just sits there in your stomach". Since getting on the healthy track and learning a lot from my nutrition advisor-- I've learned that it doesn't matter when you eat. The idea of not eating right before bed is more due to the fact that food is used as fuel, so why not fuel up when you need it and will be using the energy? Like during the day. But- if you have calories left and you're hungry-- then EAT!! It doesnt matter what time the calories go in... once they're in, they're in! You just dont get the benefit of the 'fuel' when you're sleeping, because you're not expending any energy.

I always have a snack right before bed!!
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Eat something that digests slowly like protein or healthy fat. They'll cause less of an insulin spike and less fat production than something sugary or carby.
  • Just2Bhappy
    Just2Bhappy Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I made chicken and broccoli. I was going to have rice with it but rice before bed seemed like a bad idea. lol Still under 1,200 but thats ok i guess. I'll do better tomorrow.

EDIT:No wait! 1204 calories. :)
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    if you are hungry, eat. If you are not hungry....go home
  • Just2Bhappy
    Options
    if you are hungry, eat. If you are not hungry....go home

Go home? I am home.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry and tired, get in bed and eat. Finish eating and fall asleep.
  • Just2Bhappy
    Options
    If you are hungry and tired, get in bed and eat. Finish eating and fall asleep.

HAHA I'll try this next time.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Eat