Finally Getting the Courage to Post! (New-ish)

Options
I've been lurking around MFP for a while, but been too afraid to post. Decided to take the step and introduce myself :)

I'm Michelle, 22, and a senior in college. I've been overweight since elementary school and constantly struggling with my weight. I've lost some of it in the past (40 lbs on WW) but never made a lifestyle change so just gained it all back (and then some!). Now I'm committed to living a healthier lifestyle and actually reaching my goal weight. I lost a bit before joining MFP, but it took a long time for a small amount of weight. I joined MFP to really get my head in the game and see better results. I want the person I see when I look in the mirror to match the person i know is on the inside, the one often overlooked by people. So I am officially starting my journey to look good and feel good. I hope to make some friends on this site to share the journey with :) So hello all!

Replies

• LilysMama0109
    Options
    Hi there welcome. This is the place you want to be if you need a lot of motivation and support. It is an amazing site and the people are awesome. You can add me if you like.
  • summergirl212
    summergirl212 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and way t go on having the courage to post! If you have already lost 38 lbs then you definitely are on your way. I'm 23 and just graduated from college. I'll add you as a friend, I love leaving comments and encouraging people. :]
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to the community! I've struggled with weight my entire life also. I've tried various centers and didn't change my lifestyle until now either.

We're all headed for the same goal!
  • Trista87Marie
    Trista87Marie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Great job on the first 38 lbs!! Feel free to add me! I am 25 and have lost 13 lbs so far :)
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place!

Things I think are important to remember:

1. Baby steps .. slow and easy wins the race
    2. Forgive yourself when you have an off day.
    3. Be patient with yourself ..
    4. And most importantly .. Love yourself no matter what!

It's not always easy .. it takes time to change. You didn't blow up like a blow-fish over night or instantaneously .. so don't expect to rush it all off in a couple of weeks :wink:

I love your attitude and I think you've got a great approach already! :flowerforyou: Sending you a friend request :-)
  • anissacat
    anissacat Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey I read your story. I'm glad to see you here. I was on WW as well. Lost 25. Gained it back after a surgery. I was on MFP before, and had some success. I came back and I am pumped. I joined a few groups on myfitnesspal.com. Gained some friends/buddies and opened my diary to my "friends". Makes you accountable. You have a support group rooting for you. Good Luck. Just remember we are here for the same goal. Feel fee to add me.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Silly. we are all in the same boat, if you need friends. Feel free to add me. Feels great when perfect strangers give you a big fat thumbs up. We all need that!
  • Matt_C_195
    Matt_C_195 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Go you! I tend to be a lurker also, so i know how you feel, but most everyone I've interacted with here has been very friendly and supportive.
    You're already of to a great start, now add some friends to keep an eye on you :)
  • gerongraham
    Options
    Hey you can feel free to add me. I'm a fellow lurker!