My stomach

Options
I wish there was an easier way to get rid of belly fat or whatever is wrong with my stomach. It's not fatty but it looks bloated ALL the time. I weigh 122 and I am 6'6 so I am lean. My arms and legs are getting toned but my stomach just looks full of water! Anything I can do?! This is mostly me just venting..

Replies

• MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking plenty of water? And, have you cut out most processed/ added sugars? I notice my tummy gets more bloated when I eat sugary stuff.
    122lbs at 6'6" seems a little thin to me. I am 5'10" and 127lbs. which puts me right on the border of underweight. Maybe your body needs a few pounds on it? Just a thought....I am not a pro, so I don't know. :wink:
    ps. I just thought of something....have you been to the dr. lately? My girlfriend had a cyst on her ovary and it made her belly really bloated. Could be that?
  • dalejackson
    Options
    I am WITH YA on this one!! I think drinking a lot of water helps, but it really just depends on the day. When you figure it out, let me know. I HATE IT :)
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    The belly is always the last to go. Keep working at it and it WILL eventually go :happy:
  • D_Bouch73
    D_Bouch73 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree with Michelle Wagner 50, when was the last time you went to see your dr? if has been awhile make an appointment & find out, another thing is when in the month do you feel bloated? if it is around your monthly visit that could be other reason you feel that way.

Hope that helps?

Donna
  • snmonson
    snmonson Posts: 79
    Options
    Does drinking a lot of water make bloatedness go away? Sounds like it would be the opposite. I definetly don't drink my daily recommended amount.
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You have to start drinking all of you water. My doctor says to drink 64-100+ oz a day. Since I have done this it helps. I also have stomach problems but this is true for everyone.

Also if you eat a lot of fiber you need a lot of water to flush it out and not bloat.

Check your sodium. I try to stay under 2000 a day.
  • Callmefia
    Callmefia Posts: 42
    Options
    I know this may be kind of gross but I'll be honest about it... I was bloated A LOT and its because I wasn't regular with the bowel movements, so are you OK in that department? Sometimes I didn't even realize that I hadn't gone for days (I know some people that are religious about monitoring that but I've always just gone when I need to and oh well...)

Sometimes a good cleanse will help the bloating and regularity... But to me a cleanse is what I did on the first phase of the Fat Smash diet. Pretty much all veggies and fruits in any and all quantities and it takes about 10 days. There are 4 total stages but just going back to that first one will help clear out your system. There are a few other things you can have (Like brown rice, beans, some dairy, and oatmeal in limited amounts) but you should just read the first chapter of the book if you are interested. Each time that I did the first phase of that diet I lost about 7 pounds in 10 days. Its VERY nutritious in my opinion, especially compared to some of the other things that people call a "cleanse"

Also besides drinking lots of water (avoid any beverage other than water!!!), I've also heard that leafy green veggies (like lettuces) can help bloating a lot. I think because its a lot of water and vitamins. Oh and watch your salt intake...
  • jacolyncoker
    jacolyncoker Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    6'6 and 122 lbs? thats a bmi of 14! Why are you on this site if you are so skinny? :O not trying to be rude, so please don't take it that way!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    6'6 and 122 lbs? thats a bmi of 14! Why are you on this site if you are so skinny? :O not trying to be rude, so please don't take it that way!

Some people use this site to maintain their weight OR gain more mass. It's not always about losing weight so keep that in mind the next time you ask that.
  • snmonson
    Options
    Crap I meant 5 '6! Oops..
  • jacolyncoker
    Options
    Okay Iceprincess, no need to be rude... and she was asking about how to get her stomach smaller so I assumed she was here to lose weight. Jeez!
  • jacolyncoker
    Options
    Ohh, I see lol.
    Well, I have the same problem and I am an inch taller than you. I find its best to drink more than the reccommended amount of water a day, and try to have very little salt.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Does drinking a lot of water make bloatedness go away? Sounds like it would be the opposite. I definetly don't drink my daily recommended amount.

ABSOLUTLY! Drinking water flushes your body out. If you only get, say, 4 glasses a day your body holds on to probably 3 of them cause it has to make that 4 last all day and night and workouts and all. If you get 8 or more your body knows you're gonna keep replenishing it so it will release all but like 1...and especially if you eat a lot of sodium your body will bloat big time.......and dont quote me on that cause that's just the way I have to understand it, IDK how medically accurate it is. :)
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options

LOL- I was thinking DANG.... she should be a super model!!!

Oh, and I'm clueless as to help with the belly fat thing- I don't think we can pick and chose where our fat gets lost from first, and the belly seems to just LOVE to hold on to it!. :tongue:
  • snmonson
    Options
    That's probably why my fiber pills aren't working! Alright I guess the solution is to drink more water!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Okay Iceprincess, no need to be rude... and she was asking about how to get her stomach smaller so I assumed she was here to lose weight. Jeez!

SOOOOO was not being rude there so don't take it that way. Just merely stating that people come here for different reasons.
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options

Thank god, you had me worried there, I was thinking 6'6, 122lbs and you still have a stomach on ya, HOW? LOL!