Guilty Pleasure Foods?

Options
cnlargent
cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
What "junk" food or fast food is worth the calories to you? For me, its a Starbucks Sausage Breakfast Sandwich. I know I'm not a dog, so I shouldn't reward myself with food, bu I let myself go to Starbucks on payday friday and get one, and a skinny vanilla latte. Probably not the world wisest decision as uses up 40% of my daily calories. Whoops.

What food is worth it to you?

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Why is it always dogs? Dolphins are smart, and they'll do tricks for a nice yummy fish.

My favorite fast food is Popeye's spicy chicken, with a side of red beans & rice. I've had it once in the past 6 weeks. I'm thinking it's about time for a return trip--and I won't feel guilty in the least. Sure, it's calorie-dense, but I can fit it in my day's goals. Food is not the enemy--you can fraternize with it all you like, as long as you know when it's time to leave.
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Anything I bake myself.... Sometimes I just get this big urge to bake and then I eat everything over the next several days/week.

Right now I'm working on making a delicious almond-hazelnut-chocolate cake disappear. Only half a cake left.
    Unfourtunatly I'm the only one in the family who eats sugar and I don't really know all that many people nearby... So I can't really give any of it away...

Also Big Macs, but I get full on a single Big Mac without fries or soda so that's not really guilty for me. A Swedish Big Mac is only 510 calories so if I'm good the rest of the day everything's fine.
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Chocolate- a good quality, dark chocolate. And a pint of Guinness, it's my "date night drink" :)
  • bootsiejayne
    bootsiejayne Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Mexican Food. Japanese Food. Anything my Dad cooks...especially Hamburgers.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong that I don't feel guilty about anything I eat?
  • cbeckl
    cbeckl Posts: 79
    Options
    I'm definitely a Starbucks Girl-- and will do anything for a Venti Chai Latte-- full fat of course!!
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Same here. If it fits into my daily plan, I don't feel guilty. Once I learned that lesson, it made it easier to stick to my weight lose plan (I try not to use the work Diet). :smile:
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options

Same here. If it fits into my daily plan, I don't feel guilty. Now that I learned that lesson, sticking to my daily plan is much easier. :smile:
  • Luvmyboxerboy
    Luvmyboxerboy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Chips. Looooove my chips....off to get myself a little bag tonight! It's Friday anyway! :)
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options

Not at all! I haven't given up anything.moderation is key
  • cnlargent
    Options
    I'm not saying give something up by any means. What I was asking is what food thats "bad for you" do you feel is well worth it?
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying give something up by any means. What I was asking is what food thats "bad for you" do you feel is well worth it?

All of them.
  • cnlargent
    Options
    Alrighty then.
  • blondemom1979
    blondemom1979 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Aero bar, melty bubbly chocolate mmmmmm :love:
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and lattes
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Reese's Cups are always worth it.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Volcano Hot Thai food. Spicy seafood Gumbo. Anything spicy gets my mouth watering.
    I'd remember going to Tabasco factory doing a tour in Louisiana. I was salivating so loud my wife was shh-shing me. Embarrassing...
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    A few days ago I crammed two vanilla creme doughnuts into my face in under 3 minutes and washed them down with a large mocha coffee.
  • Nerdphiliac
    Nerdphiliac Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    ...I have to admit, I do have a bit of a soft spot for a skinny Chai latte from Gloria Jeans every now and then.
  • bernadettenz
    bernadettenz Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    A good old Kiwi bakery steak n cheese pie!
    Mmm Mmmmmmm!!

"You must always blow on the pie."