Hi! My first day...think I'm gonna like myfitnesspal

Options
likuki
likuki Posts: 2 Member
I want and need to lose about 15 pounds. Have been working half heartedly at it for....well, forever. I have my first half ironman triathlon coming up in August, and would sure love to not lug the extra weight around during the race! My goal is to finish in 7 hours or less. The main challenge will be to not eat too much of a good thing! I usually eat healthy, but it's amazing how the calories pile up once I actually count them. I'm hoping to stay on track with keeping track!!

Replies

• naturebaby
    naturebaby Posts: 161
    Options
    Hey there! welcome, you'll find this a very friendly bunch and MFP is a really good place to begin your food plan. Good luck!
  • RhondaCrombie
    Options
    Welcome! I hope you enjoy MFP. It really is a GREAT site!! :flowerforyou:
  • RhondaCrombie
    Options
    Welcome! I hope you enjoy MFP. It really is a GREAT site!! :flowerforyou:
  • RhondaCrombie
    Options
    Oops! Double post! Sorry!
  • AkAmber
    AkAmber Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi, nice to meet you! (I love your profile pic! I'm a Disney nut.) You'll love it here! It's the only site that's ever kept my attention for more than a week or two!
  • boniekatie
    boniekatie Posts: 147
    Options
    MFP really makes tracking calories so much easier and the motivation and support you get from other members is priceless. Welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The great thing about MFP is that it will adapt to you. As long as you have a plan that works for you and you stick to it, you'll succeed. I know what you mean about lugging around those extra pounds. I am getting ready to run my first marathon in July and that has been a huge motivator to stay on the wagon--every pound I shed is one less that pounds on my knees and ankles for 26 miles.

Welcome and feel free to add me as a buddy if you like. :flowerforyou:
  • bebby
    bebby Posts: 18
    Options
    I too am new here. And so far so good. I find the tools and the community completely motivating! I know I will succeed with my goals... and you will too!
  • likuki
    likuki Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! Very encouraging!