30 Day Shred?

Options
hey guys! so, i went to Walmart to get some goggles and a swim cap, and i passed some Jillian Michaels DVD's and her 30 Day Shred stuck out to me. Has anyone tried it before? What are your opinions on it? I do about 2 hours of cardio on my own everyday, could this replace some of my cardio or should i just stick to what I'm doing now?

thanks guys! (:

Replies

• ShutUpAndLift257
    Options
    I haven't personally done it but I know SOOO many ladies on here that have. A few who have been with me since the begging of their journey and if their results are any sign of it, I'd say it's darn good. Give it a shot, what do you have to lose right? I would also recommended it because it would be a good change of pace. Muscle memory will get ya, have to keep changing it up so your body doesn't get used to anything and keeps getting better and stronger. :D
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i sometimes forget about muscle memory, i biked for the first time since fall the other day, and i haven't had my legs hurt that bad in quite awhile lol thank you! (:
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I did it last August and enjoyed it. I didn't lose any inches or pounds from it, but there are lots of people on here that did. If you search the forums for 30-Day Shred you'll see lots of posts about it.

Good luck!
  • sierra_12
    Options
    thank you so much! (:
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    No need to buy it. You can do it from YouTube. I like it so far.
  • sierra_12
    Options
    its only $10, so the money isn't a big deal, i just didnt know if it would be worth it to change my routine (which is working pretty well for me) to try something that may or may not work. but i might check it out on YouTube, thanks! (:
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS for the first time today. Previously, I was using a 5 mile walking tape that made me sweat and got me tired, but I was bored to tears and it was beginning to be a little too easy for me.
    With the 30DS, I couldnt breathe, I couldn't keep up and I sweated a ton. I called Jillian some names that I'm sure you only hear on Navy ships in the middle of the ocean at night after a few gallons of whiskey.
    It. Was. AWESOME!
    I can't wait for tomorrow lol
    I ordered the DVD from Amazon for 8 bucks, but today I did it from Youtube (my shipment isnt here yet)
  • kaaaayla
    kaaaayla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have it, and like it. I can't do the full 30 days like you're supposed to because I can't stand doing the same thing 10 days in a row. I like to mix it up. I like her trouble zones dvd too!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I started it tonight. For 9 bucks (bought it on Amazon), I think it's a good deal. It might be a good replacement for some of your cardio because it combines cardio with strength and some ab work. Give it a shot. I've only heard good things. =)
  • tbjohnson1
    tbjohnson1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY do it! It is AMAZING and you definitely feel it. It combines cardio with strength and is a total body work-out. I got burned out on going to the gym and doing cardio so I got the 30DS and have lost 4 pounds so far and I'm only on Day 9!
  • sierra_12
    Options
    thanks so much! i think I'm going to give it a try! it IS March 1st, after all, the perfect day to start something new! (:
  • tbjohnson1
    tbjohnson1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good! When I'm done with it i'm going to start "Ripped in 30" and just keep changing up her videos. I've been seeing people getting realllllly good results doing that! There are a lot of before/after youtube videos. Motivation! lol
  • asdandme
    asdandme Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I did it and lost many inches but not wieghtwith it . I was already doing more cardio so the dvd by itself was not enough for me to lose weight but the strength training part was great for losing inches. I got hurt 1/2 through level 2....hip and shoulders could not take the beating(previously severely injured) But you are much ....much younger than me so you would probally do fine.Good luck:smile: