I just want to eat and NOT CARE

Options
Today I didn't work out, and instead all I wanted was food. I ate my meals in like 2 hour intervals, and threw in some junk in between... Ever have those days where you just want to eat anything and everything in sight and not care? :( And when you do, how do you deal with it?

Replies

• CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    You try to avoid it.. but when it happens, it just happens.

You should get back on track immediately tomorrow and try not to overdo it tooooooooooooooooooo much.

Also, review the past couple of days in your diary. What went wrong? Did you eat low calories the past 2 days? Are you confusing hunger with dehydration. You will get hunger pains when you are thirsty. Often, people confuse the two.

Good Luck :)
  • Lovinglish
    Lovinglish Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Normally i would give up on my whole plan but lately when i do i come on here. I look through the success story.sectiom and the motivaton one and i get through. All if u have a facebook i would suggest joing fit 4lifesisters its a great motivational group like this strong and i know its hard but we can tell its worth it
  • lostinthe619
    Options
    I snack on healthy stuff and go to the gym, remembering to focus on my end goal because eating for right now won't get me where I want to be. It's hard to do and more times than not I have to drag myself to the gym, but at the end of my workout I can feel that I made the right choice. Not trying to get down on you, but you asked, and that's what works for me.

997bdd4bcdeb90899c6bf200b5907dca.png
  • ChrisinGA
    ChrisinGA Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    All the time, Its been really hard for me, I snack on stuff all the time, the last week of the month is always painful for me, cause i don't have much in the house to eat I look and look for stuff to eat, I come up with all sort of things to eat. I eat when I am Made, upset. or just depressed lately i have been at least 2 of those. so its really hard, I decided when i got the treadmill that anytime i got hungry or bored i was going to go get on the treadmill but i haven't really done that

Good luck to you
  • SweetCrumb
    SweetCrumb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I get that sometimes and I have been known to cry to my boyfriend about not being able to eat what I want then scoff a marsbar. When I get like that now I remember my weight loss so far, how long it took and then allow myself to have whatever treat I desire the most and avoid all other treats. I try to minimise the damage if that's not enough, usually it's not because I don't have superhero will power.
    If you get your binge on try to talk yourself out of it, give yourself a treat or minimise the damage. Always try get back on your feet the next day though :)
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    eating and not caring led to me being bigger than i wanted to be, unhappy and unhealthy.

its action/reaction. if i'm that hungry it's either geniune hunger or boredom. so i go for a walk. if i'm still hungry when i get back, i eat what i walked.

i almost never end up eating. i'm not often hungry. i graze on healthy too much to be hungry
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yup....but I realized that I can't not care...the reason I got fat is that I spent too many years not caring..so I just don't have it in me to not care anymore...if that makes sense? It took some time for to get there...hang in there!
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Yep, it happens, I try to fight it to a point, and sometimes I can, when I can't I just say **** it and give in, usually for me I'll eat healthy meals and then a lot of junk inbetween, but at least I get nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    Options
    My philosophy is that you CAN eat what you want as long as you get in the correct daily macro/micro nutrients and stay within your calorie limit. 80/20 is a good rule to follow for those who DON'T want to abstain from having daily "treats". I've done this with clients for years and the success rate for no weight regain is very very good compared to when I put them on a "no junk food", "no sugar" diets of the past.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I think that it is ok to have a splurge every now and then. Just don't make it a habit. Have a bad day and brush your shoulders off and move on. This is a lifestyle not a plan.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    PMS will do that to a woman.

Other things that make me want to lose my face in the fridge:

Boredom
    Restlessness
    Frustration
    Stress
    Seasonal Affected Disorder
    Anger
    Celebration
    Sadness
    Being with people
    Being alone
    Waking up early
    Staying up late
    Illness
    Recovering from illness
    Sitting on the sofa
    Exercising
    Mondays
    Christmas (all of December, really)
    Rainy days
    Breathing
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the support everyone :) I appreciate it very much
  • seamoth
    seamoth Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If you are mostly staying on track and losing weight, even if very slowly, then it doesn't matter one jot if you have the occasional day like that. In fact, celebrate it! Otherwise you will fall into the dark pit of feeling guilty, and then you will eat your way out of that pit and find it almost impossible to do so as the more you eat the guiltier you will feel and the further down you will go. So. A day eating without care is simply that. Nothing more. Relax. The next day is always there for you to make a different choice.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    One bad day will not undo months of progress. It's just that: one bad day. Think of the months of good days you have had and will continue to have in the future. A little bit of what you fancy does you good :drinker:
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I did that last night - had been resisting beer and crisps for a while, and realised I hadn't had a cheat day in a few weeks. So last night was my cheat day, to day is weigh day and this weekend I will be taking the dog for lots of walks!!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Since no one asked, how many calories are you eating per day?
  • Brenda4105
    Brenda4105 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Other things that make me want to lose my face in the fridge:

Boredom
    Restlessness
    Frustration
    Stress
    Seasonal Affected Disorder
    Anger
    Celebration
    Sadness
    Being with people
    Being alone
    Waking up early
    Staying up late
    Illness
    Recovering from illness
    Sitting on the sofa
    Exercising
    Mondays
    Christmas (all of December, really)
    Rainy days
    Breathing

OMG! This is so me. I am a grazer by nature. When I want to graze I try to find something do to that will take my mind off it, or I need both hands to accomplish. Mind you I have learnt to do many things one handed just so I could eat. I have found for me to put gum in my mouth. When the flavor is gone if I still want something I will snack on something low cal and small. Like baby carrots, dry cereal, any thing that you have to pick up to eat. Allow yourself only to pick up one at a time. It takes longer to eat and your body has a chance to register that you have fed it and are no longer feeling the need to eat.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Nope, I guess it's called willpower. Not once in over a year have I ever not worked out or ever pigged out. I know what I wanted to look & feel like an I know that I'm the only one who gives a damn & will do the job.

There is never a reason for giving up.
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    We are all human and have bad days. You just have get back on track the next day. I put together a list of things to do if I am having a bad diet day. Call a good friend, watch a favorite movie, work on a project...whatever it takes to keep your mind off food.
  • wilkyway
    wilkyway Posts: 151
    Options
    I understand episodes like this, where my body is trying to tell me something : EAT MORE. But the right stuff, that is....

Sometimes, when university work is overwhelming etc, I do manage to cook my healthy meals. But In times of mental and physical stress I sometimes forget to fuel my body efficiently, especially since I work out days a week, lifting. -> my deficit is too high.

The key is to 'give in' to the urge to eat more, but at the same time, be prepared when these day come. Stuff yourself with colourful salads, fruits, raw vege, stuff like low fat cottage cheese. I believe even if u go over on ur daily cals by eating loads of helathy, fresh foods once in a while, it won't do too much harm but rather do good, whereas with junk and sweets...

just carry on the following day, and maybe eat a little more to avoid these slipups ;-)