Eating too much???

Options
2»

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I am always hungry!

I have my calory goal set for 1700 cals, as I do a very active job.. I'm literally on my feet all day! And chose to put to lose half a pound a week as I don't have a lot of weight to lose (However reading posts on here, it now seems a bit high) I also earn approx 4-500 extra calories thru exercise most days. But I feel so hungry every 3-4 hours, I always eat nearly all of my exercise cals back and could probably eat more of I let myself!

What can I do to try and "sort myself out"
    Looks like you've lost 15lbs - are you still losing? Gaining? Stalled? Just curious why you think you need to "sort yourself out" - if you've been losing at this level, but are still hungry all the time, it's possible you need to up your cals a little bit.
  • benemma05
    benemma05 Posts: 11
    Options
    I am always hungry!

I have my calory goal set for 1700 cals, as I do a very active job.. I'm literally on my feet all day! And chose to put to lose half a pound a week as I don't have a lot of weight to lose (However reading posts on here, it now seems a bit high) I also earn approx 4-500 extra calories thru exercise most days. But I feel so hungry every 3-4 hours, I always eat nearly all of my exercise cals back and could probably eat more of I let myself!

What can I do to try and "sort myself out"
    Looks like you've lost 15lbs - are you still losing? Gaining? Stalled? Just curious why you think you need to "sort yourself out" - if you've been losing at this level, but are still hungry all the time, it's possible you need to up your cals a little bit.

I lost about 14lbs last year then used the diary to make sure I didn't over eat, then stopped over Xmas and gained 8 or 9lbs so I have now lost that plus 1 more lb, however I am now exercising more so maybe this is where the hunger comes from? I guess I just feel like I am eating such a lot, but I do try to make sure they are healthy snacks like raw veggies, a bowl of cereal or crackers with low fat soft cheese :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    Options
    Have a look at this topic: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Great information there and links to tools to run your numbers and see how much you should be eating for your size, weight & activity level. I've had my best success over the past year since setting my calories and macros according to the info there. And no more being hungry! :bigsmile:
  • benemma05
    benemma05 Posts: 11
    Options
    Have a look at this topic: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Great information there and links to tools to run your numbers and see how much you should be eating for your size, weight & activity level. I've had my best success over the past year since setting my calories and macros according to the info there. And no more being hungry! :bigsmile:

Thanks, I've read and understood most of the link! I'm guessing if you work out your TDEE and set it at moderate activity you don't then add your exercise calories on?

Like I said I don't have a lot of weight to lose but I am very pear shaped and my legs are way out of proportion to the rest of my body, To me they are disgusting!.. I know you cannot spot reduce, I run 3-4 times a week and spin once, I also use my Nike training app about once a week as its not cardio, do you think I stand much chance of changing the shape of my legs?
  • AmyRhubarb
    Options

Thanks, I've read and understood most of the link! I'm guessing if you work out your TDEE and set it at moderate activity you don't then add your exercise calories on?

Like I said I don't have a lot of weight to lose but I am very pear shaped and my legs are way out of proportion to the rest of my body, To me they are disgusting!.. I know you cannot spot reduce, I run 3-4 times a week and spin once, I also use my Nike training app about once a week as its not cardio, do you think I stand much chance of changing the shape of my legs?
    Set your activity level to whatever you feel best matches what you do, exercise and job. Subtract 20% from the TDEE, and you are right, you don't eat back exercise cals with this method because they are already figured into the TDEE number. The only exception would be if you had an unusually high burn that day, leaving your net cals below your BMR.

You sound similar to me - I didn't have a lot to lose, but still wanted the fat off my tummy, thighs and butt - and I use Nike Training Club! :drinker: Love that app - it is my workout (usually the Get Focused section, I'll do legs & butt one day, arms & shoulders another, etc) three days a week, and I run 3-5 miles the other three days. My tummy is shrinking, and legs are improving as well.

Once you get your numbers and if you decide to do this method, make sure you give it a good 4-6 weeks, take measurements and photos as well. Some people might show a little gain on the scale at first, and sometimes the scale doesn't move right away, but the inches are quietly coming off.