Help finding decent tasting protein powder.

Options
2»

Replies

• Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I love Designer Whey Vanilla Almond. And remember, Peanut Butter makes almost anything bearable :)

I love the Designer Whey Gourmet Chocolate! Yum! I mix a scoop with 4 ounces of fat free milk and have a delicious treat for 140 calories and 22 grams of protein.
    Thanks always wondered its a shame I gag when I drink shakes smoothies etc cos I could do with something like that after a big training session

You can buy these pre-mixed at the grocery store and they taste just like chocolate milk. Not gritty at all. I keep a four pack in my fridge to take when I go to class. It's very convenient to have on the way home and they keep me from swinging through a drive-thru and blowing all my hard work!
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I love Designer Whey Vanilla Almond. And remember, Peanut Butter makes almost anything bearable :)

I love the Designer Whey Gourmet Chocolate! Yum! I mix a scoop with 4 ounces of fat free milk and have a delicious treat for 140 calories and 22 grams of protein.
    Thanks always wondered its a shame I gag when I drink shakes smoothies etc cos I could do with something like that after a big training session

You can buy these pre-mixed at the grocery store and they taste just like chocolate milk. Not gritty at all. I keep a four pack in my fridge to take when I go to class. It's very convenient to have on the way home and they keep me from swinging through a drive-thru and blowing all my hard work!
    Added this by mistake brain fart lol
  • Achilleez
    Options
    I'd love to know why do people actually drink this stuff, I dislike drinks like that myself but I just wondered why would you use it, I'm not slating people for using it just always wondered what it was for

For me, it's a matter of convenience. I don't have time to cook a weeks worth of food and I don't think I would if I had the time. I make each meal I eat right before I eat it. Protein shakes are good when you are on the go and are much better than lugging around a tupperware container full of chicken.
  • dstromley1
    dstromley1 Posts: 165
    Options
    dymatize elite gourmet. Best tasting in my opinion and i have tried ALOT
  • veggieluver2
    veggieluver2 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Dymatize iso 100 and True Athlete.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I like Isopure (I've used Dutch Chocolate and Strawberry) with water, but if you add little milk it tastes a lot like a milk shake.
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Muscle MLK cookies and cream is really good, and has no lactose. A good price also.
  • chrisjathompson
    Options
    delete duplicate
  • chrisjathompson
    Options
    I'd love to know why do people actually drink this stuff, I dislike drinks like that myself but I just wondered why would you use it, I'm not slating people for using it just always wondered what it was for

I find it hard to get all that protein into my day, even if I wasn't counting calories. It's quick and easy. Also the stuff I have is lactose free (intolerant I am I am).

Speaking of which, I am just going off what mfp told me to have for an intake. I have not gone as far as finding out if this number is correct. I likely need more.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb egg white or whey, Designer Whey, Sprouts Show me the Whey, and MRM egg white. All are stevia sweetened so low carb, too.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    ON Gold Standard Whey (Milk Chocolate is crack)
    Syntha-6 also tastes like heaven, it's a little higher on calories though.
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    So my husband and I have tried several different kinds of protein powders now. They are all pretty gross. Even trying to put them in a smoothie is still almost unbearable. I am looking for decent tasting whey isolate protein powder that also does not have a lot of fillers (sugars and other processed garbage in it). Anybody have some that they are a fan of?!?
    Any information would be helpful!
    Thank you.

Nectar by Syntrax fuzzy navel is great, it tastes like a peace/orange juice (not even thick) very drinkable on it's own, not even an after taste, but you could totally put it in a smoothie or something, it has 100 calories per scoop (or per packet if you buy the to-go packets), 23 grams of protein, no carbs, no fat, no sugar. It's perfect. They have tons of other flavors but I've heard a lot of them aren't that good, the fuzzy navel is what they're famous for, i've also tried the chocolate truffle, I liked it, it tasted like cold hot chocolate (cause hot chocolate often has like a watered down taste), same calories etc. as the fuzzy navel, and I've also tried strawberry mousse, whcih does have a little bit of an after taste, it's the smell that gets me more, it's drinkable just with water, and better with milk.
    (I've ordered these from amazon and diet direct, never seen it in a store) Another great thing about these protein powders, is you don't need to put in a blender, or even a blender bottle to make it mix, you can put it in a cup, or a bottle and shake it or stir it and it'll disolve.

I also for breakfast mix EAS vanilla protein (buy it at target) with vanilla coffee, and if you don't do the coffee, by itself it doesn't taste too bad, but it's really good if you put a little bit (maybe a tablespoon) of sugar free, fat free vanilla pudding mix (or any flavor, 2 tbsp, will make it taste like that flavor, with 2 cups of water) and i put it in a blender bottle and it's all good.
  • unfeigned
    unfeigned Posts: 30
    Options
    MVP Pro Whey Protein (Cookie Dough flavor) is one that I find really good tasting :)
  • joe2626
    joe2626 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've heard bad things about USN and having tried their 'chocolate cream' flavour, I could see why! I ordered TREC Nutrition's cookie flavour powder and it's palatable with water and tasty with milk. I've got limited experience with whey protein, but that's my two cents x