Oxyelite pro weight gain????

Options
?? I saw so many great reviews on it I figured I'd try it out for myself. It definitely gives me a "burst" of extra energy when I take it in the morning but nothing too crazy and I haven't had any side effects from it. I'm eating my same diet, same exercise as before the only change is the oxyelite. I've noticed the scale moving up 2-3 pounds since last week!!! My measurements are the same though. Just curious if anyone has tried oxyelite pro and gained at all...I know you need to drink a lot of water with these pills and I don't think I've been getting all 90oz in could this cause weight gain???? Could the oxyelite pro make retain water? I haven't found any info online that says this is a possibility .... Thanks for any help :)

Replies

• csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am sorry, that seems strange. I use it and I've been losing weight faster. Maybe you're near your time of month? That causes water retention as I am sure you know. I hope it works out for you because it's worked for me
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I doubt it is the oxy elite. I would take a closer look at your diet and sodium levels.

Lots of factors :]
  • csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Or maybe you're just gaining muscle mass?
  • tjames719
    tjames719 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've taken it before and had great success with it so did my sister in law. I have a friend on the other hand who took and hardly ever drank water & also consumed alcohol regularily (sp?) andshe did not see any loss. Id say make sure your getting your water in and give it a few more days! :-)
  • amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I take it and I haven't experienced gain on it either. I do have a hard time getting in all the water some days too but I really don't know if that would attribute to a gain. And no change in inches? Muscle would have been my guess....but muscle is more dense than fat so maybe losing/gaining at the same time?

Sorry I'm not much help. Maybe try researching different effects of a thermologic as opposed to just straight searching for info on the OxyElite?

If you do find more info, I'd love to hear it!!!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

It is hard to put on muscle at all with a calorie deficit.
    And not possible at all to gain that much in 1 week :p
  • sarahsmart88
    Options
    It could be muscle gain...or it could be that those supplements just aren't working with your body correctly. The thing about supplements like fat burners is that they can be unpredictable. If you look at the fine print under their adds with "results" it will say "results not typical." I have had similar effects with various thermos and fat burners. Oxyelite didn't work for me. Made me super sick and no weight loss. I don't promote the use of supplements because they can have horrible crashing effects and can also damages your thyroid's functioning and your kidneys. However, if you must go that route, don't stay with something that just isn't working. For me, Trim Down by nutraceuticals worked well. I got it from Nutrition Zone, but I think you can also order it online. Best of luck!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

It is hard to put on muscle at all with a calorie deficit.
    And not possible at all to gain that much in 1 week :p

thisssss.
    it takes a couple of months in a surplus, with perfect nutrition to gain 3 pounds of muscle.
  • ssstefanieee
    ssstefanieee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Along with what everyone else has said..I've used this myself and did not have a gain. That said I didn't see a loss right away either, it took a week or two. Considering all the other factors like sodium levels, etc. I would use it for a few weeks and see if you see some loss then.
  • BrieC
    BrieC Posts: 26
    Options
    OEP shouldn't cause weight gain on its own, check out your diet, it may be water retention if you're not getting enough water. It's usually a very effective product if you follow it's instructions, best of luck!
  • jennysk
    Options
    Hi, I started Oxylite pro about 4 days ago, doing everything the same, working out harder which is great, but scale is going up and so is body fat. I was happy to see your post because I too, was wondering if anyone was having the same results. Will give it two more days and will increase my water. It is really frustrating. How are you doing on it?
  • tddlawson
    tddlawson Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been experiencing weight gain as well. Been taking one a day for five days, upped my water, decreased calories and carbs, also included protein shakes before and after workouts with a trainer. I was wondering about water weight so to eliminate that possibility I've tried xpel (diuretic). My trainer thinks its muscle weight but 4 pounds of muscle? I just can't see it. Although, my inches are decreasing in some areas. Ill continue for at least another week to see how it goes.
  • AshBentley_
    Options
    I'm having the same problem ... But I drink over the suggested water amount. I refill my 33oz bottle at least 5 times a day. I feel lighter but the scale is telling a different story. I'm also on the "new" formula not the old. I'm gonna give it a month to make a difference ( in my favor ) then I'm done. Though I love the energy it gives me
  • Bravand
    Bravand Posts: 5
    Options
    The "new" stuff is crap. They took out the main ingredient that helped weight loss and replaced it with other stuff. Basically, the new stuff is only for competitors that get drug tested because the main ingredient is no longer there. If you are going to take Oxy, you need to take the original formula.
  • eileendelaney
    eileendelaney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too am experiencing weight gain. I've been taking it for three weeks now and I'm up 10lbs! I don't feel heavier than I did three weeks ago, and my clothes still fit, but I'm definitely not losing weight. I
    Consume enough water and have been working out hard 4-6 x/week. Very frustrating. For those of you who were gaining weight on OEP, did things turn around or did you stop taking them? (I'm taking the old formula)

Thanks!
  • eileendelaney
    eileendelaney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    . . .
  • luvbuck
    luvbuck Posts: 1
    Options
    @jackie i notice that i am gaining weight on oxypro elite as well. I normally lose weight pretty fast but over the course of the first week of taking the pills with no changes in my diet or activity level i went from 206 back up to 218 and notice more fat development in my stomach area. I wonder if hormones have anything to do with making the pills react certain ways with certain people. I have pcos so my testosterone was always high so it caused me to lose weight faster but i wonder if this pill is causing a balance within. Anyone else?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options
    The probability is that working out a little harder caused more water retention. Not uncommon for higher intensity workouts.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • scotttrumps
    Options
    Yeah the new oxyelite SUCKS. I been gaining my weight back that I lost with the old oxyelite
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Stop taking supplements people. They don't work. I challenge anyone to show me a proper scientific test where they do.
    It's all marketing aimed at emptying your pocket book and putting it in the purse of the charlatan manufacturer.
    This site has the right idea. Eat at a slight deficit. Exercise. Lose weight.
    Tailor your eating habits to something you can live with.
    All the tools are here. Stop falling for the diet gimmick and just decide to do it for yourself.