WAY OVER calories today );

Options
Oh no! I went WAY over calories today. negative 1070! Help!!!
I feel AWFUL. I am stress eating, since I'm moving next week. Too much stress, no time to work out.

Replies

• jacolyncoker
    jacolyncoker Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    What I do, since I do that a lot because I am only 18 so all my friends eat junk when I am around, I just eat less the next day.
    But since you went way overboard, eat less calories the next couple of days to contemplate.
    I don't go day by day, I go week by week. I think you'll be less stressed if you think of it that way.
  • maddmary17
    Options
    I have been awful and gone over this whole week... Don't feel bad... Tomorrow is another day!
  • mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    Options
    if that happens to me, I "borrow" a couple hundred calories from the next few days. You're 1000 over, so try to eat 200 less each day for the next five days (or add in 200 calories more worth of exercise to compensate). Whatever you do, don't give up because of one day. Just get back on track. Good luck!
  • Ayre
    Ayre Posts: 15
    Options
    Just shake it off and start again in the morning. Don't beat yourself up bc it just makes it worse. You can do it! Everyday is a new day and a new beginning.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    don't beat yourself up. let it go and focus on staying on track tomorrow. we had a work party yesterday with a luau theme and they brought in pulled pork. I stood in line with my plate and had celery sticks, strawberries fished out from various mixed fruit salads and had a serving and a half of the pork and a couple bites of the pineapple chicken. I didn't feel deprived or left out, but I also ate a lite supper and pushed water and green tea. Today I got back on track. You have to make conscious choices and be aware of what you do. I chose to eat at the party and then focused on eating a bit lighter to balance it out.

You can reward yourself and diet. It's just that you can't fall off every day. Better luck tomorrow!
  • amyfritz
    amyfritz Posts: 33
    Options
    Your arent going to wreck your diet in one day. Just regroup and try to do better tomorrow. I ate like crap yesterday, so I know the feeling.
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Options
    One day isn't going to make or break a diet. Shake it off, start fresh tomorrow.
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    My husband doesn't have a job, I have 3 children, I just applied for a job and had an interview today, waiting to hear back and on top of that my only best friend in the world is moving 3000 miles away!! Now that's stress ..
  • jacolyncoker
    jacolyncoker Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    madmary: You look just like my mother! Don't worry, shes young, and beautiful. And so are you!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    -1070 is really only -570 because you've got that built in 500 calorie deficit for weight loss before you get to "maintenance" calories (if you're set for 1 pound a week weight loss, more if you've got it set higher!)

At 3500 calories equalling 1 pound, you MIGHT have gained .16 pound today..... but probably not, if you've been sticking to your weight loss calories fairly regularly you may just lose .16 pound less this week, maybe 1.84 pounds lost instead of 2, for example.

Feel better???
    :flowerforyou:
  • pepprmntkel
    Options
    Yeah, I was just gonna add that 3500 calories = 1 pound, but I was beat to that. Anyway, you are good. I splurged one day but didn't let myself get discouraged. Tomorrow is a new day, don't let one day throw you off! :) I think that once in a while it's okay as long as it doesn't become a habit.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have done the same thing a few times. Last week was not good:sad: I found it was best to forgive myself and move forward. I ate my 1200 calories and worked out really hard and drank a lot of water. It seemed to help because I had gained a few pounds but they came right back off. It is good you are aware of the stress level you are experiencing. :flowerforyou:
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Oh no! I went WAY over calories today. negative 1070! Help!!!
    I feel AWFUL. I am stress eating, since I'm moving next week. Too much stress, no time to work out.

I went over yesterday by almost the exact amount :noway:
    I plan on making up for it this weekend :bigsmile:

Progresso Soups are always a good lower calorie lunch... the whole can for 180 calories :wink: Wish I had one today :laugh:

Today is a New Day! :flowerforyou: