If you lost your PHONE..............

Options

Replies

• sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I lost it but could not really find out because it got returned in a couple of hours.
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    http://www.wheresmycellphone.com

Apparently that link works if you lost your phone. Granted, I have never tried it out cause I've never lost my phone but nice to know there is help (if it works) haha.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I have 2 smart phones on me at all times. I would love to lose one or both. I feel like a cyborg.
    work and personal. I have unlimited data on both, but I'm worried about getting rid of my personal and not having the data plan anymore.
    It would make running less enjoyable and I'd need a new way to track.

I never check it at dinner for the most part. wife is on hers constantly. Its a bit frustrating at times, but what can you do?
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I don't have a smartphone, just an old flip-phone+mp3 player that I've had for 4+ years. I'd definitely be inconvenienced to an extent, but it wouldn't ruin my life or anything. Skype and Google have calling services that can be combined (for around $10 a month or less) to make and receive all your phone calls online, so there's always an alternative in a pinch. :)
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I would love to go without my cell phone for several days. I would love to do a 1970's month. Nothing but basic cable, a landline, an answering machine, and a newspaper.
  • tegantheaverage
    tegantheaverage Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    On mute not in sight. And I don't check it unless we are waiting on someone who might text. Why go out with the person you are with if you'd rather be texting someone else or reading random tweets? Makes no sense.

This as a general rule (although if I'm with my SO we both use MFP and sometimes both take a minute to log at the start). When we go on holiday we usually don't have our phones on for the entire time and I love it! I love the convenience of being able to use the Internet anytime but I am sure I could live without my phone without much trouble. There's no real reason I couldn't check my emails or uni related things once a day on the computer.. I'm just accustomed to having everything instantly.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Not a lot I have two others phones I can activate and be network active within an few hours.
  • Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout.labs.planb&hl=en

I hear this app is a good one to find your phone. I went from a stupid phone (envoy) to an intelligent phone (crackberry) and in june I will get the iphone....... so keeping this link handy just in case lol.
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    dont use it very often for calls so I dont think I'd miss it. Used more for games or texting on MFP while picking the kids up if Im mid conversation with someone.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I'm an old fart. I leave my phone at home all the time. It's no big deal. I leave it at home on purpose when I go to church, or go out with my wife. I'm determined not to become one of those people with my nose in my phone all the time.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    On mute not in sight. And I don't check it unless we are waiting on someone who might text. Why go out with the person you are with if you'd rather be texting someone else or reading random tweets? Makes no sense.
    But do you see it happen a lot in restaurants these days? Especially with families? Every time I go out to eat (which is about 4 times a week), 3 out of 5 tables with more than one person will be on their phones and not talking to the other(s) who they are eating with.
    Don't get it.

You see it A LOT at restaurants and in public places. I try to not check my phone, unless I'm looking up something relevant to the conversation. But, I do occasionally slip, and I know it's rude. Sigh.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I don't even own a cell phone. *gasp*
    And I'm only 34 *bigger gasp*
    I hate talking on the phone, and texting seems kind of ridiculous to me. I generally prefer to be left the heck alone in general. I have a land-line at home, and I don't usually answer it. I'll check the voicemail, and if it seems like it's actually something that can't wait for a face-to-face (yeah, I actually physically associate with my friends) I'll call back. And my friends know that if we're hanging out, they better not be sitting there with there head bent over their phones the whole time.

Amazingly enough, it is totally possible to function as grown woman without a stupid little phone glued to my head. My car even broke down two weeks ago- and I WALKED to get help. Shocking I know. I carry a weapon on me at all times, so I don't worry about someone screwing with me if I have to walk somewhere...
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I lost my smart phone and I cried. And then sulked for three days.

Now I have a crappy but dependable and cheap Nokia again. I miss updating MFP easier, I miss instagram...

I won't buy another one though, it's too awful to lose something that costs that much money. Need to learn to look after things but unfortunately I'm already grown up and probably never will now!
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I would love to go without my cell phone for several days. I would love to do a 1970's month. Nothing but basic cable, a landline, an answering machine, and a newspaper.

I do this when I go on holiday - I leave my phone at home. It is pretty wonderful.
  • Bubsys_mom
    Bubsys_mom Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't care.

My husband and I cancelled our smartphones/service last year. So we use them for apps or my husband reads. Mine is mainly used for my authenticator for WoW. Other than that, we have basic flip phones with Straight Talk and use it just for basic stuff. We rarely use those. We both hate talking on the phone and texting. lol

I know weird, huh?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    How much does it impact your daily life? Personally for me, it'd just be an inconvenience because I'd have to use a land line to make a call, but I could definitely make it easily without it.
    I don't own a "smart phone" and just have a regular flip phone to get messages, texts and calls from family and clients.

So how about you?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I'm the same as you. I would be inconvenienced to not know what time it is. (My phone is also my watch) And I would have to use the landline to call my husband on my break. But other than that, no biggie. Just note-to-self not to forget it next time.
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    If I lost my phone I would probably crawl up into a little ball uncontrollably sobbing until someone found it and gave it back
    Same here
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    For me, it'd be

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiPxni1u-OOmz8id_aDQZkh8y05aop2Y7rdUkwzmTkZN-uEymSiA
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    This is kind of off topic but whenever I lose my phone it happens to be on silent....

Oh and to answer the question I'd be inconvenienced but I'll live.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I would be lost without my phone. I do check it quite often throughout the day.