Going to Sams today

Options
I am going to Sam's today and I was wondering if you all could give any suggestions to what needs to be in my fridge/pantry. So far on my list I have Raisins, Cod Filets, Salmon Filets, Spinach, Apple and Oranges.Do you all have any suggestions of food or snacks you always keep around?

Replies

• RunningOnPurple
    RunningOnPurple Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I buy Utz's Honey Wheat pretzel sticks and several varieties of low fat string cheese there.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Eggs, egg whites, chicken breasts, nuts, peanut butter, extra lean ground beef, extra lean ground turkey, center cut bacon, shrimp, turkey bratwursts/sausages, sweet potatoes, Greek yogurt are all things I buy regularly.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    We buy protein powder there, and protein bars. Also lots of frozen chicken and frozen veggies.
  • nicoled6842
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this. I'm going to BJs today and was just trying to figure this out. I like the seltzer water cases they have. There cheaper than the grocery store and a yummy alternative if you get bored with plain water.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Bag salad, all good suggestions. Pass on the raisins, way too high in concentrated sugar.
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I shop at Costco (family of 4) and usually buy:

organic spinach
    organic apples
    strawberries
    blueberries
    clementines
    bananas
    cherry tomatoes
    brussel sprouts
    red bell peppers
    organic baby carrots
    salmon
    frozen fruit (for smoothies)
    frozen veggies
    frozen organic burritos
    plain greek yogurt for me and the flavored chobani for the kids
    milk
    eggs
    organic wheat bread
    organic strawberry jam (for the kids)
    natural peanut butter
    protein bars
    occasionally the fruit and nut mix

I would take raisins off your list and go for grapes instead- raisins are so sugar dense and it's so easy to eat too many.
  • Dfarris85
    Dfarris85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I was looking at raisins to add to plain oatmeal. Would Bananas be a better addition?
  • justmyalias
    justmyalias Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I was looking at raisins to add to plain oatmeal. Would Bananas be a better addition?

Yes - probably
    But I add 1 Tbsp of raisins and 1 Tbsp of Craisins to my oatmeal every morning - no biggie